Author Topic: How often do you spot another Pagoda ?  (Read 507925 times)

JamesL

• Platinum
  • United Kingdom, London, London
Re: Poll - how often do you spot another Pagoda ?
« Reply #350 on: June 04, 2008, 13:40:48 »
one hint of summer and London goes mad. This evening I passed a beautiful 71 white with black interior 280. I frantically removed my glove and from the comfort of the wife's Vespa handed him a card. I deserve danger money! God bless the traffic on the Embankment

Same trip out in Mortlake a 68, white with raised black hood. No cards left to hand to her as she went the other way
James L
Oct69 RHD 280 in DB906 with cognac leather

RBurg

« Reply #351 on: June 05, 2008, 12:12:48 »
White 70-71 280SL with burgundy interior in the Lost King of Scotland movie
with Forest Whital, James McAras & Kenny Washington, year 2006.
Sitting someplace in Africa.

JamesL

• Platinum
  • United Kingdom, London, London
« Reply #352 on: June 05, 2008, 13:18:14 »
paulr

Were you in that car park that sits behind the Dorchester at the bottom of Sth Audley St? I think I saw that car in there a couple of years back

If you want "wasted metal" try the car park under Cadogan Square!
James L
Oct69 RHD 280 in DB906 with cognac leather

paulr

« Reply #353 on: June 05, 2008, 13:40:33 »
No, I know it though. I was in the one beside the Connaught. I also know Cadogan Square, of course but the very best is the one in Kinnerton Street in Knightsbridge.

quote:
Originally posted by Tosh

paulr

Were you in that car park that sits behind the Dorchester at the bottom of Sth Audley St? I think I saw that car in there a couple of years back

If you want "wasted metal" try the car park under Cadogan Square!

dwilli3038

« Reply #354 on: June 07, 2008, 06:48:54 »
In the visitor's parking lot at Merial in Athens GA I saw a blue 230SL it needs some body work

glennard

« Reply #355 on: June 07, 2008, 08:55:40 »
quote:
Originally posted by dwilli3038

In the visitor's parking lot at Merial in Athens GA I saw a blue 230SL it needs some body work

Al's????

KevinC

« Reply #356 on: June 07, 2008, 10:12:23 »
Talk about small world! Today, in the market parking lot in my little western Massachusetts town, I was approached by an individual who reported that he had a white car like mine! A couple of hours later, after getting together with BOTH cars, AllenRX is a member of our group after owning his 1968 280SL for 31 years!

Welcome Allen!!  8)

Download Attachment: Ivory and White 1A.jpg
25.81 KB

Download Attachment: Ivory and White 2A.jpg
25.94 KB

dwilli3038

« Reply #357 on: June 07, 2008, 16:08:31 »
Yes it was Al's I work with his wife I understand from Rose he has bought some metal parts an should be able to start the body work soon. She thinks when mine is done it will encourage Al to do his body work
quote:
Originally posted by glennard

quote:
Originally posted by dwilli3038

Al's????

don p

« Reply #358 on: June 07, 2008, 18:15:44 »
Kevin, I Live in Stafford Spings on Hampden rd right across the boarder in CT. Would love to see another 113! Have yet to come across another since buying mine a little over a year ago.

KevinC

« Reply #359 on: June 08, 2008, 21:09:09 »
Don,

I am on Stafford Road in Hampden! What color is your car? I might have seen you earlier this year. I know of three others aside from mine. We should get together this weekend if its nice.

Kevin

quote:
Originally posted by don p

Kevin, I Live in Stafford Spings on Hampden rd right across the boarder in CT. Would love to see another 113! Have yet to come across another since buying mine a little over a year ago.

MBhundertdreizehn

« Reply #360 on: June 09, 2008, 00:20:16 »
Here in Germany you can see Pagoda` really just from time to time, but not very often. Of course you can see many of them on the classic meetings and such things.

I hope that I`ll also find something sooner or later that I will be able to promoting PAgodas in our neigbourhod.

Good post really ;)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 00:23:53 by MBhundertdreizehn »

rwmastel

• Platinum
  • USA, OH, Canal Winchester
  • Pagoda SL Group: 20+ years and going strong!
« Reply #361 on: June 09, 2008, 05:28:00 »
quote:
Originally posted by don p

Don Pemberton
1968 250SL
113.043-10-004113
190g Graphite gray Connecticut

Kevin,

Hi.  Apparently Don's car is 190G Graphite Gray.
Rodd

Did you search the forum before asking?
2017 C43 AMG
2006 Wrangler Rubicon
1980 450SL
1966 230SL

KevinC

« Reply #362 on: June 09, 2008, 20:38:53 »
Picked up on that after sending.

It's interesting to note that three pagodas reside in Western Massachusetts within less than twelve square miles of each other!

Rolf

« Reply #363 on: June 11, 2008, 20:20:45 »
Saw one, last week in a car restoration shop in Arvada, Co. It was without seats, chrome, lights and dash instruments. Wanted to take a picture when I went back but forgot my camera.

Kemal

• Gold
  • United Kingdom, England, London
« Reply #364 on: June 16, 2008, 15:06:12 »
There I was riding my bike through Kensington [ London ], I came across a silver pagoda [ Reg Muf !] this evening.(' 8) ')
She was driven by a young Lady while on her mobile phone I hasten to add!(' :twisted: ')

I managed to pull over at the lights and took out my wallet & withdrew a W113 card.(' ;) ') I caught up with her in the traffic and passed the card, she smiled, I rode off into the sunset.(' :D ')

No one has ever said on here, O, that was me!! Have they?

Kemal
280Sl
Manual LHD 69

« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 15:11:16 by kemal shah »
Kemal
280SL
Manual LHD69

paulr

« Reply #365 on: June 17, 2008, 13:20:41 »
yep,

earlier this year. p

quote:
Originally posted by paulr

that was me ( the dark blue one ). I was working in Saville Row.

Hi Paulr

I did ask my wife whether she saw a dog, she said it all happened rather quick.('')

Is this the fist time that one of 'US' [ Pagoda group ] has actually admitted being spotted ('')

Kemal
280SL
Manual LHD 69

quote:
Originally posted by kemal shah

There I was riding my bike through Kensington [ London ], I came across a silver pagoda [ Reg Muf !] this evening.(' 8) ')
She was driven by a young Lady while on her mobile phone I hasten to add!(' :twisted: ')

I managed to pull over at the lights and took out my wallet & withdrew a W113 card.(' ;) ') I caught up with her in the traffic and passed the card, she smiled, I rode off into the sunset.(' :D ')

No one has ever said on here, O, that was me!! Have they?

Kemal
280Sl
Manual LHD 69

« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 13:23:54 by paulr »

jsaylor

« Reply #366 on: June 17, 2008, 22:02:34 »
Visiting San Diego this past weekend.  Saw a white 280SL valet parked at a hotel near fashion Valley.  Didn't have time to stop.  Looked pretty clean with its hard top on.

Anyone here?

Kemal

• Gold
  • United Kingdom, England, London
« Reply #367 on: June 18, 2008, 06:02:28 »
quote:
Originally posted by paulr

yep,

Ok, & the rest!! ;)

I will keep spreading the word..nevertheless.

Kemal
280SL
Manual LHD
Kemal
280SL
Manual LHD69

rwmastel

• Platinum
  • USA, OH, Canal Winchester
  • Pagoda SL Group: 20+ years and going strong!
« Reply #368 on: June 18, 2008, 07:48:07 »
Everyone!  Please review the posts that you make to ensure that your quote brackets are working.  Poor syntax will make moving posts to the new site difficult, we may loose data!!!!!
Rodd

Did you search the forum before asking?
2017 C43 AMG
2006 Wrangler Rubicon
1980 450SL
1966 230SL

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
« Reply #369 on: June 18, 2008, 07:49:53 »
quote:
Originally posted by rwmastel

Everyone!  Please review the posts that you make to ensure that your quote brackets are working.  Poor syntax will make moving posts to the new site difficult, we may loose data!!!!!

I just fixed them...

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

forrestjordan

« Reply #370 on: June 18, 2008, 18:34:27 »
Saw a very sharp white with black top, 113sl  on top of a car carrier, on State Road 50 crossing the State of Florida about a month ago.  Not sure just which year it was though.  It was the best looking car of all of them on the truck!  Probably on it's way to the port for a trip back to Europe.  Also saw a brown 280 parked on Newbury St. in Boston last Fall.

Dick M

« Reply #371 on: June 20, 2008, 14:18:24 »
On the 17th going into Tahoe City a very nice white Pagoda was headed out toward Truckee and on the 19th as we headed out of Tahoe City the same white pagoda passed us going down Hyw 89 south...??

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
« Reply #372 on: June 21, 2008, 09:21:26 »
Today, 21st june 2008, on N201 driving from Hilversum to Vinkeveen, out to take some photographs for "the Book", saw a beige / papyrus white Pagoda driving the other way, across the Amsterdam-Rijn canal. Honked and waved.

Then, about 90 minutes later after taking some pictures and having a nice ride, driving back across the same bridge, AT EXACTLY the same spot saw him again, but he was again driving the other way. We both honked and waved again... how is that for coincidence?

Regrettably neither of the times did the traffic allow us to stop and exchange notes or this site. If it was you, you'll know it, so speak up!

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

69280sl

• Gold
  • USA, IL, Elk Grove
« Reply #373 on: June 21, 2008, 21:05:41 »
Did a car show today in a suburb of Chicago. There was another Pagoda being shown, a 1970 Euro 280sl. The owner told me he bought it in Paris 20 years ago.
In addition, someone showing a 1947 MG TC, told me he had a 280sl at home.
Neither of these gentlemen knew of our group. I didn't have any club cards with me, but I told them they would find www.sl113.org interesting and beneficial.

Gus
1968 280sl signal red/beige
Gus

68 280sl, signal red/ beige/black softtop. Car # 1084

al_lieffring

« Reply #374 on: June 22, 2008, 13:36:52 »
Hey ya'll

I an here in my hotel room at CDG in Paris, flying home in the morning.

Spotted 3 pagodas here in Europe during my travels, A white 230sl was in the car park of our Hotel in Triberg, Schwartzwald, at the Classic Center in Fellbach there was a Tunis Beige 70ish 280sl parked behind the work shop, and inside the Mercedes Museium there was a metalic beige 65ish 230sl with middle blue metalic hardtop. In the safety by design display.

edit: the Pagoda that I saw in the Museum is also the car featured on p. 16 of the book "Faszination SL", sold in the gift shop.

Al
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 11:56:41 by al_lieffring »