Author Topic: UPDATE FOR PLANNED 2 FALL ONTARIO EVENTS  (Read 5682 times)

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
UPDATE FOR PLANNED 2 FALL ONTARIO EVENTS
« on: April 14, 2021, 21:59:39 »
END OF MAY UPDATE

This is the end of May update. A Update has been added here (see below), to let every interested participant know that the Cobble Beach Event for 2021 has officially been canceled due to covid-19. In addition I have posted three (3) Private Message to all interested parties. six (6) interested members have not replied (as noted in the Remarks Row -shown as ——-> Wait) to my PM’s all others have (see the revised table attached revision 11). One (1) of the interested parties will let me know later.

For the Niagara area event I have shown below a “Preliminary Agenda” however since then I’ve spoken to Jason member ID (Frontseat Driving). Jason will put together a nice Day 1 Tour around the Niagara area, with many stops, say 9am to 5pm for day 1 ending up at Niagara Falls around 5pm where individuals can ether return home or stay overnight (Niagara Falls does put on a spectacular color display in the evening well worth staying over for). For those of you staying over for Day 2 we could arrange to meet at 9am at some nice spot for breakfast. Costs for accommodations and meals is the responsibility fo every individual (please make your own accommodation  arrangements, at the end of day 1 we will end up at Niagara Falls). Plan a dinner or buffet at the Tower Hotel and enjoy the spectacular colour display of Niagara Falls at the end of day 1(see attached images).

Look for a final Route Plan for the Niagara Area from Jason once he has put it together. Jason loves to drive like most of us do and he loves to put road trip plans together including to provide us all with google maps for stops along the way. Jason has put together many such road trips and some for larger organizations. He is volunteering to do it for us and it will be much fun.

For the Toronto Event I need some help from a Member from the Toronto Area. It should include the following[

- A meeting point like a local shopping centre or a Tim Horton.
- Time for all to meet say 8am departing at 9:15
- Decision to first attend a tour with coffee and lunch stop or to go to the Automotive Flea Market & Car Show at the Lindsay Fair Grounds … Located on the Rast side of Toronto.
- Recommended overnight accommodations for Members planning to stay for day 2
- Breakfast meet for members that plan to stay for day 2
Activity recommendations for day 2.

Next UPDATE at the end of June, hopefully interested Individuals (shown as WAIT) will let me know what there intention  will be by then or I shall then remove those individuals from my PDF file and issue it as a last revision 12. Perhaps we will have Jason’s plan for our Niagara Trip by then also.

Thank you,

for For the revised PDF file and the attached immage of the Falls evening colour display photo see the end of this post below

Unfortunately, I have been advised that the Cobble Beach Event for 2021 has officially been canceled due to Covid-19 (please see the attached e-mail notice I have received). To this end I have replaced the original planned event A) Cobble Beach Event with A) Niagara Falls, Niagara on the lake & a Winery event as shown below.

ORIGINAL EVENT PLAN

A) Cobble Beach September —-> 18 & 19, 2021 https://www.cobblebeachconcours.com/schedule-of-events

B) Toronto August 14 & 15, 2021—-> http://www.aacaontario.ca/antique-automotive-flea-market.html

REVISED EVENT PLAN DUE TO COOBLE BEACH CANCELATION for 2021

A) Planned Event;

Niagara Falls September —-> 18 & 19, 2021

Niagara Falls —— > https://www.niagarafallstourism.com

Niagara on the Lake ——> https://www.notl.org/content/visiting-our-community

Winery —— > Château des Charmes (enter into Google for details)

B) Toronto Planned Event August 14 & 15, 2021—->

http://www.aacaontario.ca/antique-automotive-flea-market.html

Please Note that this Thread replaces my original Thread in this forum section. Please list your plan and what event you like to attend here only. Thank you.

To this date 23 individuals have replied that they are interested to attend one or two of the events. However, only a few of you provided all of the information in order to move forward with the finalization of the plan. 3 individuals have offered to help with the trio/route planning.

So in order to proceed from here with the event(s) I need to know the following from each of you in order to 1) complete the attached table so that all of you have an overview and 2) communicate with someone to have them organize a meeting point and plan a road trip for the two groups. So please provide me with an answer (simply YES or NO will do fine) for the following questions;

Will you attend Event A?
Will you attend Event B?
Or both A & B Events ?
Are you planning a 1 or 2 day event?
Are you able to help with a road trip plan?

Also, if your First name is not shown in the attached spreadsheet please let me have it. I like to prepare name Tags for everyone.

BTW. Does anyone have a suggestion were the two events groups should meet? Event A) could be at a Winery we pick and B) could be at a Major Toronto Shopping Centre. Any suggestions?

Just copy and post the 5 questions in a Post below add your YES or NO behind 4 of the questions and 1 or 2 days behind the day question. I then will revise the table so you may have a complete oversight.

Let us do this and we will have something you look forward to. Of course we will governement gidelines like social distancing, masks etc.

Thank you !

Dieter

I have revised the table to reflect the REVISED EVENT PLAN. Please see the PDF File Rev. 09 below.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 16:25:08 by Rolf-Dieter »
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL

pj

• Gold
  • Canada, ON, London, Ontario
  • 1965 230SL
    • my home page
Re: UPDATE FOR PLANNED 2 FALL ONTARIO EVENTS
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 06:35:42 »
Hello Dieter
always good to see how hard you're working on these. So sad that Covid is still threatening us.

Will you attend Event A? Yes
Will you attend Event B? Yes
Or both A & B Events ? Yes
Are you planning a 1 or 2 day event? 2 days, maybe even three
Are you able to help with a road trip plan? Yes, as much as I can

Peter J
1965 230SL #09474 named Dagny
2018 B250 4matic named Rigel

opopotts

• Associate Member
  • Regular
  • Canada, ON, Douglas Dees
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 19:59:36 »
Will you attend Event A?
Will you attend Event B?
Or both A & B Events ?yes
Are you planning a 1 or 2 day event?

Hugh

• Regular
  • Canada, Ontario, London
  • Former Pagoda SL Group Board Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 23:44:30 »
Hi Dieter; Rough days as we get our Province put into stronger "lock down" measures. Hopefully all is safe by your event dates. Thanks for organizing...

Will you attend Event A?
Will you attend Event B?
Or both A & B Events ?  YES - if safe to
Are you planning a 1 or 2 day event? 2 day
Are you able to help with a road trip plan? Sure, happy to help!
1967 Mercedes 250SL
1988 Ferrari Testarossa
1930 Ford Model A coupe
2011 Mercedes e350 sedan

laurie

• Associate Member
  • Junior Level
  • Canada, Ontario, Peterborough
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 18:31:16 »

Will you attend Event A? NO
Will you attend Event B? YES
Can do a one day event, possibly Two?
Are you able to help with a road trip plan? Depending or what you require, I live in Peterborough if that would facilitate anything.

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2021, 20:58:15 »
Peter, no effort at all one needs to keep busy at my age :)

Hugh, even if they canceled the Toronto event, we can manage the Niagara event fine, observing all the requirements like we did last fall with 4 Pagodas. Unless of course our local Government calls for another total lockdown. Time will tell. Still it’s time to plan something.

Laurie, just trying to find out if members are ready to help, perhaps there is a nice Turing area where one lives. There are a couple of members that offered there help one actually does this for a living I believe (Frontseat Driving).

Dieter
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 00:24:30 by Rolf-Dieter »

mmpkp

• Inactive
  • Junior Level
  • Canada, Ontario, Newmarket
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 22:32:00 »
Will you attend Event A? Yes
Will you attend Event B? Yes
Are you planning a 1 or 2 day event? 2 day if possible for Event A
Are you able to help with a road trip plan? If needed

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2021, 00:41:01 »
To Interested Individuals that like to attend Event A or B or both

As I mentioned in my last Private Message (PM) to you and in the first post above!

There has been a change. The Event for Cobble Beach has been cancelled due the covid-19 Pandemic.

If you have not yet responded to the questions above here in Post 1 of this thread would you please be so kind and take a few minutes and let me know if you like to attend Event A or B or Both.

I ask that you please simply copy and paste the 5 questions, Or type the questions in a new post below my post here. Simply add your YES or NO behind the questions (after you pasted it) so that I may then update my spreadsheet table so that we are all on the same page.
To this date 22 individuals have expressed interest.
6 like to attend Event A,
11 like to attend Event B.
5 like to attend both events.
12 Individuals have not responded to the Private Message I posted
on April 14.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you are not familiar with the shortcuts of copy and paste something,
I will add the steps below.

Keyboard shortcut to copy and paste in
Word on a Mac or Windows Computer

Select the text you want to copy and press Ctrl+C.
Place your cursor where you want to paste the copied text                                            and press Ctrl+V.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If the attached spreadsheet does not show your First Name, please let
me have that also. I plan to make Name Tags for everyone. ThankYou!

Dieter

Jordan

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, Jordan
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2021, 01:32:13 »
Will you attend Event A? Yes hopefully
Will you attend Event B? Yes hopefully
Are you planning a 1 or 2 day event? unknown at the moment
Are you able to help with a road trip plan? Sure.
Marcus
66 230SL  Euro 4 speed

mnahon

• Silver
  • Canada, QC, Montreal
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2021, 19:32:34 »
Hi Dieter,

Will you attend Event A?  Probably not
Will you attend Event B?  Yes
Or both A & B Events ?  No
Are you planning a 1 or 2 day event?  2 days
Are you able to help with a road trip plan?  Yes

As clarification: I won't do the drive twice, so I would only attend one event if you held both. Dates of Event B are much better for me, so I put Yes there. If you end up not having Event B and only having A, I would try to attend A.

Meyer
Meyer Nahon
Montreal, Canada
1968 MB 280SL Auto Euro LHD Silver
2021 Tesla Model 3

Benz Dr.

• Vendor
  • Platinum
  • Canada, ON, Port Lambton
  • Benz Dr.
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2021, 21:20:32 »
Will you attend Event A?
Will you attend Event B?  yes
Or both A & B Events ?
Are you planning a 1 or 2 day event?  yes
1966 230SL 5 speed, LSD, header pipes, 300SE distributor, ported, polished and balanced, AKA  ''The Red Rocket ''
Dan Caron's SL Barn

1970  3.5 Coupe
1961  190SL
1985   300CD  Turbo Coupe
1981  300SD
2013  GMC  Sierra
1965  230SL
1967 250SL
1970 280SL
1988 560SEC

Frontseat Driving

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2021, 04:03:37 »
Will you attend Event A? YES (both days)

Will you attend Event B? LIKELY (Possibly only the 15th)

Or both A & B Events ? See above

Are you planning a 1 or 2 day event? 2 days for Event A, possibly only one day for Event B) I will confirm ASAP

Are you able to help with a road trip plan? ABSOLUTELY - with either event.

My real name is Jason

Meeting spots - if I assist in route planning I will work that into the route.  An example of a meeting spot for the Niagara route would be Charles Daley Park.  I generally try to choose a spot with parking, facilities (gas/washrooms), and close to the highway. 

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2021, 00:03:05 »
Hi Jason,

I’ve looked at your Facebook Page, in what way can you help us in creating a 1 to 2 hour road trip tour? One for the Niagara regain and another for the Toronto area?

I know there are recommended road trip tours for the Niagara Falls area as shown in the link below,

Here —-> https://www.niagarafallscrowneplazahotel.com/blog/2015/07/4-routes-that-prove-niagara-is-perfect-for-a-road-trip/

the link shows 4 recommended trips, perhaps you have something better in mind? Please let me know.

For meet and greet I made the attached PDF file for individuals that are coming from the East and from the West as well North West. Timing of ETOA will be worked out later as we get closer to the Niagara Event. The PDF file at this point in time is only a recommendation,

For the Toronto event I am looking at Toronto Members, perhaps they have a suggestion for a meet and greet location on the East side of Toronto, a large Shopping Centre parking lot or an LRT Station Parking lot. If anyone has any suggestions please post them here,

Thanks, Dieter

PS. Some may say all this is much too early to plan. I believe strongly the sooner the better is the result of a good plan.

PS. Updated attendence list since cancellation of Cobbel Beach is also attached (everyone has been provided with a PM to update there attendence interest). Still waiting for some to do so as can be seen on the spreadsheet.

Carson

• Junior Level
  • Canada, ON, Blue Mountains
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2021, 00:16:06 »
I doubt my car will be finished by the time of your event.
Hi Jason,

I’ve looked at your Facebook Page, in what way can you help us in creating a 1 to 2 hour road trip tour? One for the Niagara regain and another for the Toronto area?

I know there are recommended road trip tours for the Niagara Falls area as shown in the link below,

Here —-> https://www.niagarafallscrowneplazahotel.com/blog/2015/07/4-routes-that-prove-niagara-is-perfect-for-a-road-trip/

the link shows 4 recommended trips, perhaps you have something better in mind? Please let me know.

For meet and greet I made the attached PDF file for individuals that are coming from the East and from the West as well North West. Timing of ETOA will be worked out later as we get closer to the Niagara Event. The PDF file at this point in time is only a recommendation,

For the Toronto event I am looking at Toronto Members, perhaps they have a suggestion for a meet and greet location on the East side of Toronto, a large Shopping Centre parking lot or an LRT Station Parking lot. If anyone has any suggestions please post them here,

Thanks, Dieter

PS. Some may say all this is much too early to plan. I believe strongly the sooner the better is the result of a good plan.

PS. Updated attendence list since cancellation of Cobbel Beach is also attached (everyone has been provided with a PM to update there attendence interest). Still waiting for some to do so as can be seen on the spreadsheet.
Gerry Carson
Black on Tan 1969 280SL 5 Speed
Silver on black 1957 190 SL

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2021, 00:24:30 »
I understand Carson, I will keep you on the list for now and check close to the event. Perhaps we find a passengier seat for you, some of us travel solo.

Dieter

Cherring

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2021, 15:17:54 »
Hi, and thanks so much for doing this...

Answers:

Will you attend Event A? NO
Will you attend Event B? DAY 2
Or both A & B Events ? NO
Are you planning a 1 or 2 day event? PLAN TO DO THE SECOND DAY OF THE NIAGARA TRIP
Are you able to help with a road trip plan? NO

Frontseat Driving

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2021, 16:16:42 »
Hi sorry for the delayed response, I've had a really busy week.

I can organize a tour in any Ontario location whether Niagara or Toronto.  If I don't already have the research (I likely do) I would be happy to go out and design one.  A one hour window is very narrow.  I CAN make it happen but it would result in a sub par product.

It may be easier to hash this out with a phone call.  Essentially to start, I need to know generally how you envision the day (days?) playing out.  Is the 'meet and greet' the biggest event?  How long will we be there?  Are we transiting from place to place (ie. lunch).  Do I understand that each event is two days?  If so, do you anticipate both days having much the same schedule?

Depending on the COVID restrictions we could probably meet at one of the Provincial Parks which would make for a nicer setting than a parking lot, though fees apply.  The nice thing about that, is that if we were to secure a spot with a shelter the weather wouldn't matter so much. An example in the GTA would be Heart Lake Conservation Area, but there are many.

As for the tour(s) I can make them any length, most events I do are full days.  But obviously shorter is easier.  I generally design tours to include the most scenic routes, and include stops at historic spots, outlooks, waterfalls, wineries, etc.  As you can imagine it would be tough to accomplish much in an hour window but I'm certainly able to work within your requirements.

Depending on the number of cars, often it's easiest to simply let the cars cruise at their own pace with a map and navigator.  I usually provide a hard copy as well as a link to a Google Maps route.  I'm currently experimenting with other applications as well.

In smaller groups a 'follow the leader' method can work but I find this leads to many problems including getting separated at traffic lights or unsafe driving while attempting to 'keep up'.  It is effective when drivers show up without a navigator.

I usually try and promote people to drive on gravel roads as the best experiences are found off the beaten path, but many enthusiasts look at that suggestion with terror in their eyes.  In any situation where there is gravel on the route I offer a paved detour. 

I already suspect the take up rate for gravel will be negligible LOL, so I might just avoid it altogether.  Input from attendees is welcomed.

I'll send you my phone number.

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2021, 23:47:52 »
Updated first post of this tread May 31, 2021 .... Also below

END OF MAY UPDATE

This is the end of May update. A Update has been added here (see below), to let every interested participant know that the Cobble Beach Event for 2021 has officially been canceled due to covid-19. In addition I have posted three (3) Private Message to all interested parties. six (6) interested members have not replied (as noted in the Remarks Row -shown as ——-> Wait) to my PM’s all others have (see the revised table attached revision 11). One (1) of the interested parties will let me know later.

For the Niagara area event I had originally shown a “Preliminary Agenda” however since then I’ve spoken to Jason member ID (Frontseat Driving). Jason will put together a nice Day 1 Tour around the Niagara area, with many stops, say 9am to 5pm for day 1 ending up at Niagara Falls around 5pm where individuals can ether return home or stay overnight (Niagara Falls does put on a spectacular color display in the evening well worth staying over for). For those of you staying over for Day 2 we could arrange to meet at 9am at some nice spot for breakfast. Costs for accommodations and meals is the responsibility fo every individual (please make your own accommodation  arrangements, at the end of day 1 we will end up at Niagara Falls). Plan a dinner or buffet at the Tower Hotel and enjoy the spectacular colour display of Niagara Falls at the end of day 1(see attached images).

Look for a final Route Plan for the Niagara Area from Jason once he has put it together. Jason loves to drive like most of us do and he loves to put road trip plans together including to provide us all with google maps for stops along the way. Jason has put together many such road trips and some for larger organizations. He is volunteering to do it for us and it will be much fun.

For the Toronto Event I beed some help from a Member from the Toronto Area. It should include the following[

- A meeting point like a local shopping centre or a Tim Horton.
- Time for all to meet say 8am departing at 9:15
- Decision to first attend a tour with coffee and lunch stop or to go to the Automotive Flea Market & Car Show at the Lindsay Fair Grounds … Located on the Rast side of Toronto.
- Recommended overnight accommodations for Members planning to stay for day 2
- Breakfast meet for members that plan to stay for day 2
Activity recommendations for day 2.

Next UPDATE at the end of June, hopefully interested Individuals (shown as WAIT) will let me know what there intention  will be by then or I shall then remove those individuals from my PDF file and issue it as a last revision 12. Perhaps we will have Jason’s plan for our Niagara Trip by then also.

Thank you,

for For the revised PDF file and the attached immages of the Falls evening colour display photos see the  below

« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 23:59:16 by Rolf-Dieter »

laurie

• Associate Member
  • Junior Level
  • Canada, Ontario, Peterborough
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2021, 20:17:41 »
Hi Dieter,
Just looking at the Lindsay event, l see it's cancelled but l haven't found any reference in your posts?
Laurie

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2021, 20:58:04 »
Hi Laurie,

See here for the update and up to date thread;

-----> https://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=33518.0

Sorry for the confusion, normally one thread shuld have been all that was needed, however, with both oroginal planned events being cancelled it could not be helped.

Dieter