Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Which Hirschmann model do you have? 6000H? 6000U? Or much later AUTA 5091?
Anyone have a picture of this antenna with bracket
General Discussion / Re: Need to replace my FSVT?
« Last post by Cees Klumper on May 29, 2024, 23:52:15 »
I think it's best; you really don't want any fuel leaks, it's an indication something is wrong - and it could get worse! Fires start this way.
Wanted To Buy / 230SL Radio Dash Plate
« Last post by m300cab on May 29, 2024, 23:35:18 »
Hello,
I'm looking for a Radio Dash Plate for a 230SL
if you need parts we may able to barter or please state a price
Thank you
Mike
Pagoda Spotting / Re: Pagodas on a loading dock in Cranford, NJ
« Last post by Mike Hughes on May 29, 2024, 23:26:05 »
I should have mentioned it when I first posted, but in the photo of the white Pagoda one can just see the front end of a red car.  One might think it was a Mustang, but it was actually a Shelby fastback coupe!  It was just as down at the heels as the Pagodas, but all of the trim bits appeared to be there, inside and out.  If all these cars are destined to go to Europe for restoration and they are finished to the standard of the DS, some folks are going to have some nice cars someday!

The DS came in on the same container ship as my M.G. and looked to have been freshly restored.  It sounded great when they fired it up on the first turn of the key to move it out of the way so I could drive down the ramp. My container ship stopped at Le Havre, Rotterdam and Hamburg after it left Southampton for New York so the DS could have come from the mother country or countries more to the east as Hamburg is convenient to Poland and the Czech Republic.
W11x chassis cars / Re: How much are m129 engines worth these days?
« Last post by Pirublues on May 29, 2024, 22:06:06 »
Sorry I sold the engine last year.

My 250se has a 5.4 m113 v8 partially in right now.
Don't you think 37 advance is not a bit too much?  How did you proceed with the idle vacuum retard?
No. 37 degrees is pretty close to where you want to have full advance. I often run 38 - 40 degrees depending on application.
Wanted To Buy / Re: 1966 230SL Seats / Seat Covers
« Last post by 707dieseldean on May 29, 2024, 21:03:25 »
Color?? ;D
The part you are looking for (1137500082) was installed only in the very early 230SL cars until Vin 001350 and then eliminated.

Apparently the factory kept losing the clip too... ;)
Rather than fix the problem, just eliminate it.
The most secure way is to have a look into the oil filler hole. There you can see the lobes of the camshaft cylinder 1. If the engine is TDC in compression stroke, the lobes are positioned upwards. If the engine is is in TDC gas exchange, the lobes are positioned downwards. There is no possibility to make a mistake.

GREAT INFORMATION!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10