Author Topic: HK Classic Car Club Concours  (Read 7437 times)

Eryck

HK Classic Car Club Concours
« on: January 06, 2008, 07:48:59 »
This car, which was recently restored, won the Best Interior category at the Hong Kong Classic Car Club concours in November.  

What do you guys think?

Will post more photos from the Classic Car Show and HK Motor Show in the Events section.

Download Attachment: DSC_7587_3.jpg
52.98 KB

Download Attachment: DSC_7583_3.jpg
53.51 KB

Download Attachment: DSC_7582_3.jpg
51.87 KB

1965 230 SL White Manual
Hong Kong

Eryck

Re: HK Classic Car Club Concours
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 08:01:49 »
Umh, I just realized how small the pictures are after reducing them so that they would be less than the limit of 80kb.  Wouldn't expect anyone to be able to comment given that the pictures are so small.  Will try to work something out later.

1965 230 SL White Manual
Hong Kong

Paddy_Crow

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 08:31:36 »
You should consider putting your pics on a free hosting site like photobucket, then you can post the image here.

Nice looking car, looks like a RHD version of mine.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch...

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 10:02:19 »
Eryck,

is that your car? Nice...

Your photos do not need to be so small to fit here... just look at these instructions http://www.sl113.org/forums/faq.asp#GetForum and follow the resizing rules. You'll get much larger pictures that way.

Secondly, I do recommend against posting your pictures somewhere else and then linking here. The reason being is that most photo sites have limited space or an ageing rule: if you've not accessed the site for a while, they'll throw the pictures away. Thet leaves us with a forum with missing links... not very nice either.

For the Technical Manual I ensure we host all photographs locally, otherwise I get problems later on, for the Forums I do not enforce this rule.

I can look into allowing a larger upload size, as this originated from the old days when we had limited disk space (and we still have limits), but most people manage to create quite decent pictures in the 80K limit. Even if I increase the upload, I'd only increase it to 256K or similar amount.

Peter

PS: When's the next Classic Car show in HK ? I'll be there this summer for a week prior to the Olympic games -- figure end of July...
1970 280SL. Also known as 'admin@sl113.org' and organiser of the Technical Manual.
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

thelews

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA, WI, Mequon
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 12:27:33 »
quote:
Originally posted by vanesp

Secondly, I do recommend against posting your pictures somewhere else and then linking here. The reason being is that most photo sites have limited space or an ageing rule: if you've not accessed the site for a while, they'll throw the pictures away. Thet leaves us with a forum with missing links... not very nice either.

Speaking for myself, while I'd like to accommodate you and use the club server, it's just too much of a pain...and I'm fairly savvy on computers.  You may want to touch base with Jim Villers who is a member here and runs the 190 SL site...excellent, simple, quick uploads and archiving of photos.  I couldn't even log on to the wiki technical manual.

John
1967 Early 250 SL Red/Caviar, Manual
Enjoy some pictures at this link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8292359@N06/sets/72157603240571101/show/

John - Wisconsin
1967 Early 250 SL Red/Caviar, Manual #1543
1961 190 SL 23K miles
1964 Porsche 356
1970 Porsche 911E
1991 BMW 318is
1966 Jaguar XKE
1971 Alfa Romeo GTV 1750

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 15:11:43 »
John

In order to prevent hijacking this thread, I've opened a new thread here http://index.php?topic=8038 on the facilities and future of this site.

John, the reason that you cannot login to the Technical Manual (as is explained clearly on the front page of the manual) is because I suspect you're not a Full Member.... see http://www.sl113.org/membership/default.asp for the difference.

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Eryck

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 09:42:22 »
Hi Peter,

No, that's not my car.  Will post pics of my car at some point.

Unfortunately the classic car show is only held in November of each year.  Congrats on getting the Olympics tickets.  I hear that tickets are really hard to get.

1965 230 SL White Manual
Hong Kong