Author Topic: Posting Pictures  (Read 5182 times)

NYC-MB280SL

• Junior Level
  • USA, NY, New York
Posting Pictures
« on: November 28, 2019, 04:45:14 »
I've noticed that some members include photos in their posts rather than hyperlinks to aphoto albums.

After hours of trying, I still don't see how to upload a .jpeg  photo with my posts. The "insert an image" button looks only to make room for a hyperlink.

Is there a simple explanation on how to add a .jpeg photo?

Thanks,

Peter Paris

mrfatboy

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • USA, CA, Rancho Santa Fe
    • Mrfatboy
Re: Posting Pictures
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 04:58:44 »
Attach them.

1969 280sl (Aug 1968 build)
Signal Red
4 Speed

JamesL

• Platinum
  • United Kingdom, London, London
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 07:17:24 »
Given that some of us have used 3rd party hosters in the past which have gone "pop" or discontinued their service or started charging, the view has always been that we host our own photos so that records of restorations, tech info and the like remain on the site
I know it's a pain, and I have been known to use hosting services (eg TinyPic) for fun stuff but that's now shut and I've found myself frustrated seeing old posts with my own dead links in.

So I am afraid it's a photo resize (if you use a camera) and add it to the site as an attachment as noted above. I think I am right in saying that phone photos work best with the Home button or similar by your right thumb
James L
Oct69 RHD 280 in DB906 with cognac leather

NYC-MB280SL

• Junior Level
  • USA, NY, New York
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 14:13:23 »
Thank you for the help.

Peter

specracer

• Senior
  • USA, MA, Duxbury
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2019, 15:13:16 »
Your images are likely too large to upload directly to the site. I use Microsoft Paint to resize. Right click the image, "open with" Paint, choose resize (I go to pixels and set vertical to ~800), save as (assuming you want to keep the full size version). Once done, you should be able to upload directly here. If your a Mac user, I would speculate there is a similar program to accomplish this. This resize process is easier for me than a 3rd party host, and it will also stay a part of the forum (vs disappearing in the case of Photobucket when the winds of change happen).

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 14:45:08 »
I've made some changes in the last few months...

• upload limit at 8MB per file
  • 32MB total

And the system resizes the photographs automatically after uploading to fit most screens... so you can upload large images now too...

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!