Author Topic: Source for correct Michelin MXV-P tires  (Read 11021 times)

Bob G

Source for correct Michelin MXV-P tires
« on: November 26, 2003, 14:42:34 »
I read the Mercedes-Enthusiast and while perrusing the retail adds in the back of the magazine came up with a tire dealer in London. Longstone Tyres. I sent off to them a query about tyres and this is what I received back.

We Have Michelin 185 HR 14 MXV-P from our stock at .50 " pounds sterling" We also carry a Camac in the same size and rating at 00. The Camac in case you are not fimiliar with the name is made in Portugal.

I have send off another E-mail to confirm price sterling so I can convert to US dollars if I am right that is $80.00 per tire plus shipping which I would have to say is another $100 that is still a better deal than the classic center's price .

Bob Geco
« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 14:44:54 by Bob G »

n/a

Re: Source for correct Michelin MXV-P tires
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2003, 16:51:11 »
If that is the case, then I would be interested, maybe if we can get enough resonse from others , we can get better pricing, and ship via boat for lower freight rates. Let me know.

Albert-230SL

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2003, 02:16:29 »
It would be interesting to know the manufacture date of those MXV-P... $80 per tire sounds as very good price (maybe excessively good price for a fresh MXV-P)... First check that they are not from a very old stock.

Regards,

Albert de la Torre Chavalera
Barcelona (Catalunya/Spain)
Feb.'64 230 SL Euro 113042-10-002432

Naj ✝︎

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • United Kingdom, Surrey, New Malden
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2003, 04:00:17 »
Bob,
There seems to be a mistake.
Price of Michelin 185x14 MXVP in London is around £ 140.00 each.
The portuguese tire price may be correct.
Let us know what you find out.

naj

'Kloines Scheisserle'
65 230SL
68 280SL
68 280SL

Bob G

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2003, 14:25:52 »
Too Good to be true! I received back my inquiry on price conformation on these tires. 150 pounds sterling = $238.74 each and shipping is $160.00 for 4 to 5 tires to USA . They did mention the camaac tires are 44 pounds sterling $70.00 USD has anyone hear or know about this brand?

Bob Geco

n/a

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2003, 19:06:53 »
Bob,
Since I do not want to spend $1K + on new tires, what alternatives are you thinking about? I wanted to get new XVX in 185SR14, but Michelin no longer manufactures them. I can not find another Michelin Whitewall in 185R14. Any ideas. My XVX are almost new in thread life, but after so many years probably sitting around, I don't want to take any chances with blowouts.

Bob G

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2003, 17:26:06 »
Has anyone checked on tire rack to see what is availible. thewir is also another option. the tires for the VW bus are the same size but carry a higher load so I am not quit sure what the ride would be like they are rated as R for radial and have the same configuration as the other Michelins MXV tires.

Bob Geco

n/a

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2003, 22:30:51 »
Is there anyone else interested in Michelin tires in a 185R14 size? I need to purchase new ones, but can not find ANY except for the Aglis, which are a van tire. I am looking for a whitewall, and am coming up with nothing (except for the expensive MXV-P) Any ideas out there?

Albert-230SL

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2003, 03:30:37 »
More information (website, importers, etc) about the Michelin MXV-P, in that previous post:

http://index.php?topic=731

I was talking with the Spanish Michelin classic range importer, and he told me that Michelin guarantees the quality and shape of his tyres during 25 years! if you don't let the car stopped for more than 10 years!!... so, considering the mileage that most of us are driving our cars, those Michelin MXV-P (with the correct size and speed ratio for Pagodas) could be there for many years... so the price is then not so high for the correct tires  :) ... the Pagoda looks great with those tyres [:p]

Regards,

Albert de la Torre Chavalera
Barcelona (Catalunya/Spain)
Feb.'64 230 SL Euro 113042-10-002432

n/a

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2003, 10:59:44 »
I have contacted Coker, and the only tire they carry in 185R14 is the original whitewall Phoenix for $165.  Does anyone know of any distributors that may have old stock of XVX or other Michelins? Any experience with the Phoenix?