Author Topic: Using personal messages effectively  (Read 7382 times)

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Using personal messages effectively
« on: November 16, 2008, 13:03:44 »
As we've hidden e-mail addresses to protect member privacy, the most effective method of communicating with another member is not to post a reply to their message, but to send them a Personal Message. When you send them a personal message, they receive an e-mail notification with that message included, prompting them to come back to the forum.

Note: DO NOT REPLY to that e-mail if you want to respond to the member who sent you a private message. Because we keep e-mail addresses secret, the mail notification is not sent in the name of the person who sent you the message, but from admin@sl113.org. If you do reply to the e-mail, admin@sl113.org (i.e. I) gets your most private message... I'm sure that is not what you intended -- and I'm afraid I do not forward your message to the intended recipient, because that would take me way too much time!

That is why you receive an automated response when sending an e-mail to admin@sl113.org, alerting you to this thread.

Click the link in the e-mail to respond to the person who sent you the private message via this website!

Peter

« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 08:24:04 by vanesp »
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Re: Using personal messages effectively
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 08:21:36 »
Many people still do not know about Personal Messages. For them it may be helpful to read this:

http://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?action=help;page=pm

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Bob G

Re: Using personal messages effectively
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 21:25:06 »
Peter:

Because of my business with  SL Pagoda clients  I have to be able to communicate with them
via my email address. Hope that does not matter to you. By the way I had to leave early on Saturday
and left to California on Sunday Morning. Sorry I could not  say longer. I hope my raffle prize and John Olson's
book which he contributed was appreciated. I been a supporter of this club since its days on the Yahoo forum.

Robert Geco
1968 280SL