Author Topic: Create a signature...  (Read 9562 times)

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Create a signature...
« on: November 10, 2008, 16:13:03 »
Go to Profile (tab above) / Forum Profile Information (link on the left) and create a signature for yourself. It saves database space, and your messages will be all consistent.

Also, if you are a Full Member, you can create a page all of your own on the Wiki... with text and photographs. Mine is here:  http://www.sl113.com/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=Profiles.Vanesp... you take that and replace the vanesp with your user name (unless when you have spaces in there).
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
Re: Create a signature...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 05:16:18 »
Hey All. Well I made it here! So, I guess its time to A. Learn what an Avatar is... and B. Learn how to have one for my very own...
James
63 230SL

psmith

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 06:18:18 »
Ok James, I know you're a professional librarian, but just this once, go to wikipedia and it will tell you all about avatars  ;) 

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 18:23:43 »
Pete (S.), I decided to go to a more reliable source instead...my 7 year old. I doubt I can have a little guy runnning around here that looks like me, so I'll settle for a picture of my car next to my Username. How praytell?
James
63 230SL

waqas

• Platinum
  • USA, TX, Austin
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 18:33:37 »
Pete (S.), I decided to go to a more reliable source instead...my 7 year old. I doubt I can have a little guy runnning around here that looks like me, so I'll settle for a picture of my car next to my Username. How praytell?
Go to your profile settings (click the "Forum" tab above) and then click on the "Forum Profile Settings" link on the left. On that page, you should be able to upload a picture which will be automagically shrunk to the correct avatar size.
Waqas (Wa-kaas) in Austin, Texas

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 19:10:16 »
Got it. Thanks Waqas.
James
63 230SL

mbz.280sl

• Associate Member
  • Senior
  • USA, MA, Cape Cod
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 19:16:05 »
OK, I created the picture and I think the new forum looks great.
Thanks,
Otto
1969 280SL, 4 speed manual, AC,  Sand Beige

Richard Madison

• Inactive
  • Platinum
  • USA, NY, New York
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 20:28:52 »
Can you post a forum message without your signature showing? or if you have a signature in  the profile, it will be included in every message you post?

Richard M, NYC 
1969 280 SL, Tunis Beige, Euro Model (Italy).

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 22:06:38 »
Your current signature is shown underneath each message you ever posted. Nothing is copied into your post. If you set your signature to nothing, nothing will show. You cannot change your signature per message.

In that way it is the same as your avatar. Once you have an avatar it will show on every message you posted, including those you posted on the old forum.

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!