Author Topic: Lumpy seat  (Read 3932 times)

gnj588d

Lumpy seat
« on: October 23, 2008, 14:34:12 »
My drivers seat has become a bit lumpy on the bolsters,I have taken the back of the seat off and nothing is broken or damaged at all, so it must be the stuffing? which looks fine from the back. is this a DIY job and are the materials available, any help would be appreciated.   Cheers Mike. P.S there is a tag inside saying 22 April 1965 which I thought intersting.

JamesL

• Platinum
  • United Kingdom, London, London
Re: Lumpy seat
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 23:47:02 »
Have a chat with Kevin o'Keeffe

Alternatively, someone on here at some point put some swimming pool woggles (long round foam floats) in their seat as a bolster.
James L
Oct69 RHD 280 in DB906 with cognac leather

Mark280SL

• Inactive
  • Senior
  • USA, PA, New Hope
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 07:19:22 »
I have not tried it myself but I've read of some very good results from those who used the swimming pool noodles (long foam things)you can also still purchase the original style seat pads as well.
Mark

waqas

• Platinum
  • USA, TX, Austin
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 11:02:30 »
The noodle-technique is a very popular option owing to the relative frugality of the approach ($2) versus the original horsehair pad ($120? each). Very popular in w123 circles.

However, noodles are more useful for propping up springs in saggy seats as opposed to lumpy. Assuming you can't turn the other cheek, you might need to creatively add pieces of the noodles to counter the lumps.

I hate to be cheeky  :mrgreen:  <duck>, but if you plan on driving longer distances, I would advise you take the new seat-pad route.
Waqas (Wa-kaas) in Austin, Texas