Author Topic: Kangol rewebbing recommendations?  (Read 3808 times)

scoot

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Altadena
Kangol rewebbing recommendations?
« on: October 12, 2008, 10:28:28 »
I purchased 3-point Kangol belts and want to have them rewebbed.  I have searched the forum and only found one recommendation for re-webbing, and that was from 2005.  Does anyone have a more recent opinion?  

Also, I think I am missing a few of the mounting bits.  Perhaps these are available from MB, any comments?

thanks
Scott
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 11:38:28 by 280SL71 »
Scott Allen
'67 250 SL (early)
Altadena, California

mbz.280sl

• Associate Member
  • Senior
  • USA, MA, Cape Cod
Re: Kangol rewebbing recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 07:22:50 »
I posted the following in May of 2008:

There's a place called Snake Oyl https://ssnake-oyl.hostasaurus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc that will reweb your belts for you.
I had my belts rewebbed by Randy Bynum in California. His e-mail address is chev_camino@hotmail.com I got his information from this forum three years ago so I don't know if he still does this.

Otto
1969 280SL, 4 speed manual, AC,  Sand Beige

scoot

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Altadena
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 08:42:56 »
Thanks.  I know about ssnake-oyl and I'm sending them pictures.  I think they want to restore every bit of hardware which is not what I want-- I just want the webbing.  I also sent email to chev_camino but haven't heard back yet.   Any other experiences out there?
Scott Allen
'67 250 SL (early)
Altadena, California

KevinC

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 14:58:16 »
I sent ssnake-oyl my belts while my seats were out being redone about 18 months ago. My goal was to get the older frayed webbing replaced with the newer, legal version while retaining the original color. They used my original hardware. I don't recall the exact cost but I am pleased with the outcome.

(New material on the left, original on the right)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 07:18:30 by KevinC »

waqas

• Platinum
  • USA, TX, Austin
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 17:16:32 »
Scott,

I got mine done from Andover http://www.andoauto.com/Mercedes.htm several years back. You might want to also send in the old webbing so they know the exact lengths for each piece.
Waqas (Wa-kaas) in Austin, Texas