Author Topic: sun visor removal  (Read 3950 times)

hauser

sun visor removal
« on: May 19, 2008, 20:02:58 »
Just getting around to swapping out my original visors for the ones I bought from Kay.  I have removed the stainless phillips screw from the visor and thought it would slide out of the bracket but it won't budge.  Am I missing something here?  Am I going to have to buy a new bracket??

Longtooth

Re: sun visor removal
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2008, 22:30:42 »
The screw in the visor tightens a clamp that holds the rod that goes thru the length of the visor.  I can't recall whether the rod has some nibs on it that orient it within the clamp... I've had mine out and back in.... but as I recall it wasn't quite as straight forward as I'd originally thought.  Hands Aus ... on this web-site (Bob in Austrailia) will almost certainly recall and provide direct instructions.  He's the one that described the procedure to me when I was removing my visors (to have the brakets rechomed).
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 23:04:54 by Longtooth »

Khurram Darugar

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 03:25:08 »
Wow you really took your time getting round to the fitting!
The screw is to tighten the visor clamps grip on the hinge.  
The hinge has a notch in it.  The clamp has a gap in it where when the notch is in line with the gap..... the hinge should slide out.  Easiest would be to unscrew the hinge from the windshield post and then slowly rotate the hinge until you feel it catch.  You will not have to buy a new bracket there are no moving parts as such.

hands_aus

• Platinum
  • Australia, Queensland, Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 04:31:27 »
I never removed the chrome rod.
My project was to replace the mirror.
Removing the sunvisor from the car allowed maximum access.
Bob Smith (Brisbane,Australia)
RHD,1967 early 250 SL #114, auto, ps , 717,717
best of the best