Author Topic: Millers canvas tops on sale  (Read 4703 times)

Robert_F

Millers canvas tops on sale
« on: May 07, 2008, 13:07:29 »
Gentlemen,

I see that Miller's has replacement canvas tops on special this month, if you are looking for one you may want to check it out.

Would anyone happen to have purchased one from Miller's in the past?
Are they a good vendor to support and is this the correct replacement for the original?

When I called to ask about it they said it was manufactured in the usa by a company called "Gernman Auto Top" who they have used for years. Has anyone heard of them ?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 14:05:46 by Robert_F »

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Re: Millers canvas tops on sale
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 14:19:39 »
quote:
Originally posted by Robert_F

Gentlemen,

I see that Miller's has replacement canvas tops on special this month, if you are looking for one you may want to check it out.

Would anyone happen to have purchased one from Miller's in the past?
Are they a good vendor to support and is this the correct replacement for the original?

When I called to ask about it they said it was manufactured in the usa by a company called "Gernman Auto Top" who they have used for years. Has anyone heard of them ?

I have a Miller's top.  Seems fine.  Nice Canvas, clear window.  Well made.  Price was very nice.

Oh, and BTW, most of my original parts orders for the restoration (a large order indeed) came from Miller's.  Mike Ochoa is the best.

Michael Salemi
1969 280SL
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
President, International Stars Section
Mercedes-Benz Club of America
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 19:05:37 by mdsalemi »
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

bpossel

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 16:11:57 »
Hello Robert,

I have purchased Many items from Millers (Kevin) and they have always been a great vendor to deal with.  I didnt purchase my top from them, but again, many other parts.
Bob

bpossel  (Memphis, TN.)
'71 280SL  /  '97 E320

Mark280SL

• Inactive
  • Senior
  • USA, PA, New Hope
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 19:03:57 »
Hi Robert,

I recently purchased an original MB chrome part from Miller's they were very professional and it arrived promptly, I would definitely buy there again.

Mark
1970 280 SL Ivory/Cognac
Mark

gugel

• Silver
  • USA, CA, Rolling Hills Estates
    • CPE Site
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2008, 23:39:21 »
I got my soft top from German Auto Tops, at 5547 Satsuma Ave., North Hollywood.  The material inside and out is correct for the car, and I was quite pleased with the top and with the price.  I don't know whether Miller's gets their tops there or not.

Download Attachment: NewSoftTop.JPG
80.45 KB

Chris Earnest

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 07:52:12 »
Miller's is a fantastic vendor. While I opted for the GAHH top recently, I did buy my squareweave carpet & seat kits from Miller's(along with a zillion other things.) Good about timely shipping.

James
63 230SL
James
63 230SL

Bob G MN

• Inactive
  • Regular
  • USA, MN, Stillwater
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 10:22:22 »
I just ordered a set of beauty rings from Millers.  They arrived a few days later.  They advertized them as reproductions and they are made in Taiwan.  The chrome quality is not as shiny as the originals but they look fine.  The price was only $79 plus shipping for a set of four. I am going to try to have my originals rechromed but the Miller ones are fairly decent.

Bob