Author Topic: Heater box  (Read 4694 times)

gnj588d

Heater box
« on: January 09, 2008, 14:55:05 »
Can someone tell me the location of the heater box,may be called something else in the UK,I have a sticker for it  Cheers and Happy new year.Mike Rutledge

enochbell

Re: Heater box
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 16:15:57 »
Mike,

Sure, that's an easy one.  Just remove every other part on the car and, when you are sure there is nothing else to unbolt, you will see the heater box (core).

Seriously, it really is buried in front of and at the top of the air distributor box which is at the front of the tunnel (inside the car).  It is secured to the firewall, inside the passenger compartment.  If you need to access the core itself it really is major surgery, and there are several threads on "how to".  But if you just need to access the control valve and are lucky enough to have a later model sl then you can get to it from an access hole in the firewall (from inside the engine compartment).  What exactly are you trying to do?

Best,
g

'64 230sl, fully sorted out...ooops, spoke too soon

gnj588d

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 14:20:08 »
Hi I am putting some decals [engineering tags]in the engine bay,one says to put it on the drivers side heater box it warns you to use the correct Beru resister spark plugs for clear radio reception,looks like they got it wrong.The add for them said they where axact coppies of the originals,cannot see the point if you cannot see it,they came from Harringtons[made in vietnam] Cheers Mike Rutledge.

Naj ✝︎

• Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • United Kingdom, Surrey, New Malden
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 14:55:16 »
quote:
Originally posted by gnj588d

Hi I am putting some decals [engineering tags]in the engine bay,one says to put it on the drivers side heater box it warns you to use the correct Beru resister spark plugs for clear radio reception,looks like they got it wrong.The add for them said they where axact coppies of the originals,cannot see the point if you cannot see it,they came from Harringtons[made in vietnam] Cheers Mike Rutledge.

Hi, Mike,

Maybe you should hide it in the heaterbox.

Pagodas don't like resistor plugs anyway  :oops:

naj

68 280SL
68 280SL

rwmastel

• Platinum
  • USA, OH, Canal Winchester
  • Pagoda SL Group: 20+ years and going strong!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 15:31:32 »
quote:
Originally posted by naj

Pagodas don't like resistor plugs anyway  :oops:
Ah ha!  Good point!  Perhaps you could consult member Bob Geco and ask him to compare your engineering tags vs. the ones he sells.

http://www.sl113.org/forums/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=99

Rodd
Pagoda Technical Manual
please contibute: http://www.sl113.org/wiki/pmwiki.php
1966 230SL
2006 C230 Sport Sedan
Rodd

Did you search the forum before asking?
2017 C43 AMG
2006 Wrangler Rubicon
1966 230SL