Author Topic: F1 Our Team  (Read 10421 times)

al_lieffring

F1 Our Team
« on: June 14, 2007, 10:39:27 »
Ok, maybee just a little off topic,

But after watching the Canadian GP, Sunday I was concerned about the condition of Robert Kubica. When I saw the wreck, my first thought was  that the safty crew was picking up his his severed limbs off the track. It's amazing he actually came out with "a bruse and a limp", (his words).
Since GP is all but ignored by the American media I had to dig around online to find any information. So I find a report buried in Yahoo sports Under a picture of picture of (our guy) Lewis Hamilton on the podium with his trophy. Next to this was one of those ubiquitous Yahoo adds and a picture of Tiger Woods teeing off at the US Open. Not Intentional, or was it??

Al Lieffring
66 230Sl
Jones'n for a new gas tank

rhersberger

Re: F1 Our Team
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 11:09:38 »
Black athletes abound in many sports; why not Formula 1.  I don't know what you mean by "our guy."  Are you referring to him as the Canadian GP winner or an American?  He is British.

Rod Hersberger

Santa Barbara

'68 280 SL, red, tan, 4sp, two tops
'01 Jag S Type brg
'07 Cayman S Carmona red, sand beige

al_lieffring

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 11:15:55 »
quote:
Originally posted by rhersberger

Black athletes abound in many sports; why not Formula 1.  I don't know what you mean by "our guy."  Are you referring to him as the Canadian GP winner or an American?  He is British.

Rod Hersberger

Santa Barbara

'01 Jag S Type brg

I was refering to the 3 pointed star on the nose of his McLaren

Al Lieffring
66 230Sl
Jones'n for a new gas tank
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 11:20:57 by al_lieffring »

rhersberger

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 11:24:56 »
Ah, that inverted peace symbol.  I'm a little slow this morning! Tiger, however, shills for Buick, as long as GM is still in business.

Rod Hersberger

Santa Barbara

'01 Jag S Type brg

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 11:54:44 »
Whoa, I think Al might have touched on something really huge. What is it that brings us all together on this forum?... why it is the little Pagoda with the 3-pointed star! So, if only everyone in the world had a Pagoda, we'd all be happy -- and be as one big family!

We were so close with that peace sign in the 60's -- just a little too many fingers (or arms) or whatever you want to consider them...

Come to think about it, what other thing do Bill Clinton and I agree on?

So forget One Love -- it should be One Pagoda. Forget the Chicken in every Pot, it should be a ... oh, okay you get the point (or in some cases the after-market variety)...

James
63 230SL
James
63 230SL

rhersberger

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 12:31:15 »
"We were so close with that peace sign in the 60's -- just a little too many fingers (or arms) or whatever you want to consider them..."

And for those of old enough to remember, it is the 40th anniversary of the "Summer of Love" so let's all go to San Francisco and find some gentle people there.

Rod Hersberger

Santa Barbara

'01 Jag S Type brg

enochbell

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 17:14:12 »
Rod,

There is more wisdom in your humor than you may want to recognize.  Peace, love, dove.  Will the X-gener's appreciate this marque or is this just a phenomenon related to our attempt to relive the romance of the 60's?

One 50-something to another,
g

'64 230sl, fully sorted out...ooops, spoke too soon

rhersberger

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 18:31:16 »
"Our Team" got back in the winner's circle yesterday at the 'Ring after being whipped by Ferrari the last couple of races, albeit with Alonso rather than Hamilton on the podium.

I taped the race and haven't watched it yet, but I understand it had to be restarted once because of heavy rains.

Rod Hersberger

Santa Barbara

'01 Jag S Type brg

ptomey

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 12:08:27 »
Have fun watching Rod. It was quite the mea lay, in fact at one point, conditions were so bad that there were no fewer than 6 F1 cars in the same gravel trap. Tonio Luizi (Torro Rosso) the last one to find the trap, went flying in backwards, missing OUR GUY, Bernd Maylander, driver of the CLK 63 AMG Safety Car. If not for Our Guy Bernd speeding up and rounding the corner with his mirrors full of Torro Rosso, Liuzi would have hit him instead of the crane that was already hauling Our Guy, Lewis out of the beach.

And Speaking of Rosso Torros, we have Another Guy in the current F1 lineup, Our Guy David Coulthard, Aging Red Bull Number One and Famous Pagoda owner (230 SL if I'm not mistaken).

Speed recently did a piece on DC which featured him motoring around his home city of Monte Carlo in his silver Pagoda. Although the Pagoda looked beautiful, Our Guy snubbed Pagoda when he told Speed that the car he really wanted was a Gullwing, for which he'd been saving his hard won pennies (or Francs).

At any rate, Congrats on the entire RBR Team finishing in the points in Nuremburg. We know you didn't mean it David.

Paul Tomey
Tierra Verde,FL

1968 280SL Light Ivory (Enjoy)
2002 Porsche 996TT (Track)
2003 Van Dieman Formula Car (Race)
2006 Yukon Denali (Tow Cars and Haul Kids)