Author Topic: two questions bumpers & hubcaps  (Read 2236 times)

Bob G

two questions bumpers & hubcaps
« on: December 27, 2006, 16:47:00 »
I hope every one had a good christmas and is ready for the New Year.
I have two qustions to ponder on the first is has anyone purchased the harrington reproduction bumpers? from their web page theey ssay they are polished stainless steel not chrome. I would like to know if anyone has tried them and compaired them to orginal bumpers. they look like quality items to me, but I always like to see them in person before I invest in a pair.

Second question more pondering. there wasa set of outer wheel trim caps with the slots just like the ones that  go on the early fintail sedans. However these were said to be for the W113. that would have to be for 14 inch wheels. I may be wrong I remember seeing some early photos of my dads 280SL when it was new and the hub-caps looked like two separate peices. Now I know the 230SL and some early 250SLs came with a outer trim ring with out the slotes and a small hub-cap.
Could this be or is the seller wrong.

I found more information from this ebay sale item # 270072371184. The with is 14&1/4 the part # is 111-401 0324. this sounds like a W111 part. Can someone check this out for me?

Bob Geco
1968 280SL
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 14:33:34 by Bob G »

rob walker

Re: two questions bumpers & hubcaps
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 09:55:22 »
Bob, I would also like to hear from someone who has seen the Harrington repro bumpers. They currently have a special offer on them, I am tempted as a belated Xmas present for my second lady, but really would like to know someone who has purchased them.

Rob Walker

1968 280SL papyrus white/green leather
2004 230 SLK silver