Author Topic: underdash panels?  (Read 36604 times)

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
Re: underdash panels?
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2008, 06:13:26 »
Hi Ron. I will be happy to give you my measurements except I am away from the car for a few days. If you are still in need then, I'll post what I find...
James
63 230SL

Ron

• Senior
  • USA, CA, Arroyo Grande
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2008, 09:22:18 »
Thanks James, my car is not running so I was just working ahead on some of the trim.  The driver's side is well covered in this thread, but I've never seen the dimensions on the middle piece.  Ron

1966 230SL, euro

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2008, 09:25:18 »
Hey Ron. Well, first the disclaimer(s)! -- when I redid my middle dash panel, I used what was left of my original as the template. I had to imagine some of it because the original was in bad shape. And when I cut it out, I more or less eyeballed some of the curves and corners. The second disclaimer is, I am a lousy draftsman but these numbers are my best effort. Here you go!

James
63 230SL

JamesL

• Platinum
  • United Kingdom, London, London
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2008, 14:15:23 »
Looking at that makes me realise how metricated I am!

James L
Oct69 RHD 280 in DB906 with cognac leather

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2008, 20:52:17 »
Hey James. I nearly had to look that one up in the dictionary! (in fact I did to be sure!!) Had the tape measure been in both, I could have translated it for you!

I have done my fair share of converting, mostly kilometers to miles, having a Euro model and all. Fortunately, I just checked and I see Ron is from my side -- not far from my old stomping grounds of SB...
James
63 230SL

Ron

• Senior
  • USA, CA, Arroyo Grande
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2008, 15:13:48 »
quote:
Originally posted by J. Huber

Hey James. I nearly had to look that one up in the dictionary! (in fact I did to be sure!!) Had the tape measure been in both, I could have translated it for you!

I have done my fair share of converting, mostly kilometers to miles, having a Euro model and all. Fortunately, I just checked and I see Ron is from my side -- not far from my old stomping grounds of SB...

Yes, I'm north of Santa Barbara by about 90 miles.  Ooops, 160 Km.  

Thanks for the dimensions, James.  I'm sure this will look fine in my car, if in inches or in cm.  I've got the materials, and I'm going to make a driver's and center panel using material that matches the passenger side panel.  Not stock I know, but the car will only be a driver.

This is off topic, James made me think: my car, a '66, has US lights, seat belts, but a metric speedometer.  It is not a Euro model is it?  Is this common?  Is the odometer also in Km?  (my car is not running, I purchased it apart.  The PO said it had 57K miles, I took it to be 57K Km.  After living with it a month, I think it has to be 157K Km.  Is there a thread on determining mileage? )

Ron

1966 230SL, euro

Eryck

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2008, 01:21:07 »
Can I simply assume that the RHD version would just be a mirror image of the RHD version??

Klaus

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2008, 09:02:09 »
Ron wrote:
quote:
my car, a '66, has US lights, seat belts, but a metric speedometer. It is not a Euro model is it?

I read that your car is disassembled, but if you have a Body and Paint Number Plate (or a Data Card) you can easily see if it is European or US, see
http://www.sl113.org/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=DataCard.BodyandPaintNumberPlate
for details.