Author Topic: "SLs in the Real World"  (Read 4565 times)

rhersberger

"SLs in the Real World"
« on: September 22, 2006, 10:51:25 »

Not Pagoda related, but there are some nice shots of new SLs in the 500 series and a rally of 300SLs.  I didn't create the title!

http://www.oursl.com/NewsLetter/NL0609/eckart/

Rod Hersberger

Santa Barbara

'68 280 SL, red, tan, 4sp, two tops
'01 Jag S Type brg
'07 Cayman S Carmon red, sand beige (on order)

vincesy

Re: "SLs in the Real World"
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 12:56:40 »
wow, a few pagodas for sale on the website mentioned in the article.
it seems the going market prices in europe are higher than in the US.

http://www.autosalon-singen.de/Liste.aspx?select=10&languageID=en

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 13:54:41 »
A few years ago the Autosalon site had a drop-dead gorgeous Darkblue with Parchment 113. I recall drooling a lot but also felt the price was really high. I think cars there are still on the higher side.

James
63 230SL
James
63 230SL

vincesy

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 15:09:22 »
I'm glad I bought my pagoda before I found out about all these specialized dealers.  I probably would have completely ignored my budget.  Back then I would just ocassionally check the local papers which was probably a good substitute for self control as the listings were few and far between.  It was easier to walk away as the listings were brief and didn't have such tempting pictures or narratives.

Bob G

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 23:28:41 »
Woo looks I hate to be the Porsche this Dart Vader Maybauh comes up behine. Mean looking front end Move over quick. Remines me of the Mercedes-Benz autobahun cruiser aero bodied cars  during the 1930 & 1940

Bob Geco

Bob G

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 23:40:50 »
Wow Vince what a great site. I feel like I just stepped in to Macys but forgot my wallet and my bank account. I was glad the salesman was not around while I perroused around a little.

Bob Geco

rhersberger

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 10:47:51 »
The Pagodas at Auto Salon-Singen seem pretty pricy by US standards.  I suppose they include VAT, whereas dealer prices in the US never include the state sales tax. But, adding about 30% for the euro-dollar exchange differece and the asking prices for these cars are significantly more than most Americans would or could pay.  Still it's fun to look and drool!

Rod Hersberger

Santa Barbara

'68 280 SL, red, tan, 4sp, two tops
'01 Jag S Type brg
'07 Cayman S Carmon red, sand beige (on order)

joelj

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 20:49:46 »
Wow that one off fulda Mayback is surely a sight to behold. I can just imagine the cost of this car. I agree with bob, it does have a darth vader look to it.

Cheers,

Joel

1969 280sl auto
White exterior
Blue interior
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 20:50:37 by joelj »