Author Topic: "The Cool List"  (Read 5092 times)

Douglas

"The Cool List"
« on: May 08, 2006, 20:11:07 »
I'm not sure if this is good news or bad, but the Pagoda SL made it onto "In Style" Magazine's monthly "Cool List." (May issue, p.322)

I quote:

"License to thrill

Car collecting in Hollywood has never been hotter. Portia de Rossi all but spun out over this quintessentially sleek 1970 Mercedes 280 SL convertible in silver, a gift from Ellen DeGeneres (Check out other vintage rides, $35,000 to $100,000; 866-622-5277 or mbusa.com/classic.)"

It's funny. They lifted the photo of the car and assumed no one would recognize it. It's scanned from the Meredith "Original SL Book." They re-touched the steering wheel out, but left the license plate on. (I wonder if they got permission to use the shot?)

Douglas Kim
New York
USA

joelj

Re: "The Cool List"
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 10:52:20 »
Hi douglas,

That's Great :) The Pagoda is truly a cool car and deserves to be in a cool list :)

Have you found your next Pagoda yet douglas?

Cheers,

Joel-j

1969 280sl auto
White exterior
Blue interior

TR

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 14:40:52 »
Douglas -- My wife has a copy of that mag.  It's rather nice to see a Pagoda featured.  Thanks for posting the message about that.  Although my wife was giving me a rather strange look when she found me thumbing through her lady's magazine.

Tom in Boise
'71 280SL 4-spd, signal red w/lt. tan interior, restored/enhanced

Douglas

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 14:56:53 »
There's a Pagoda on ebay that made a reference to the mention in "In Style," so I had to go find my wife's copy and find the passage. (And yes, my wife also gave me a look when I asked her for it.)

Joel: I have not found my new Pagoda yet, but all of this interest out there is not making that easier! The market for nice SLs is remarkably strong right now.

Douglas Kim
New York
USA

joelj

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 06:52:28 »
Happy Hunting douglas :)

1969 280sl auto
White exterior
Blue interior