Author Topic: "A" Pillar Rubber P/N  (Read 4280 times)

n/a

"A" Pillar Rubber P/N
« on: April 05, 2006, 22:22:22 »
I'd like to replace the "A" pillar window seal with a genuine MBZ part(this list likes them due to the cloth covering)but my local dealer parts guy is having a hard time with it.  Can anyone share the part number with me? Oh...it's a '70 280SL.

cheers,

Dennis Kohke

A Dalton

Raymond

• Platinum
  • USA, FL, JACKSONVILLE
    • GemstoneMediaInc.com
Re: "A" Pillar Rubber P/N
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 16:06:25 »
I replaced my windshield post seals with genuine MB parts and there is no "cloth covering".  I don't know if it indicates a change or if the "cloth" is embedded under a final layer of rubber.  They are definitely slicker and a bit harder than the softer aftermarket rubber parts that I bought from Miller's.  They were an immediate fix for the binding that those parts caused.  Window now goes up and down with ease as it should.  

The MB parts were coated with a tough yet flaky parafin-like coating.  It was chalky in color, flaked like giant dandruff, yet was very hard to completely remove.  I left the coating material in the groove as it seems to reduce friction.

Ray
'68 280SL 4-spd Coupe
Ray
'68 280SL 5-spd "California" Coupe

n/a

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 16:35:23 »
Thanks to all for the description of the factory seal and the K&K catalog.  It looks like they have the authentic versions as well as the repros.

A Dalton

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 16:41:01 »
Another source:
http://www.sls-hh-catalogue.de/bin/dbframes.phtml?mid=IN02

Go to soft top insert and click on item #64.

They have the original.....