Author Topic: Spammers  (Read 7276 times)

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Spammers
« on: December 31, 2005, 06:20:20 »
Dear all,

you may have occasionally noticed posters posting lame messages with links to websites that are not topical. Links to gambling or other lewd sites. These are not typically real people, but programs designed to exploit forums for their advertising.

Do not reply to these messages. Just ignore them, and send an e-mail to admin@sl113.org with the posters user name and the URL of their post. I can delete their post and their membership.

I have just increased the security of registration of our board. Members who register will need to enter a series of numbers that are presented in graphical format. Not perfect, it can be circumvented, but adds one more hurdle to board spammers.

Happy new year...

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

KevinC

Re: Spammers
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 10:13:38 »
Peter,

Thanks for keeping us as spam-free as possible. All your efforts are appreciated. I cant thank this group enough for the information I have gained since purchasing my 113 a year ago.

Happy New to All from Florida! 74 degrees F and sunny here today :D

-Kevin

Download Attachment: MB Top Down 4A.jpg
76.67 KB

Kevin Caputo
Boca Raton, FL
1967 230 SL Automatic
670 Light Ivory
113 Bronze/Brown MB Tex

Chad

Re: Spammers
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 23:09:53 »
Sounds like a great idea Peter.  Darn spammers and telemarketers. . .  Scammers and pushers.

1967 230SL (ƒ=m*acceleration)
1958 180D (ƒ=m*gravity)