Author Topic: production numbers  (Read 3102 times)

65auto230sl

production numbers
« on: December 07, 2005, 10:20:00 »
could anybody tell me how many 230sl"s were produced in 1965 with an automatic transmission? also where i might be able to find quality wood interior trim at a reasonable price?
thank you in advance.
bo

J. Huber

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Cedar Ridge
Re: production numbers
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 12:59:31 »
Hey Bo, welcome to the group.

I can't say I have ever seen the breakdown for automatics versus manuals for a given year. The total amount produced is available, looking at our database link. If I did math correctly (big if), then 6280 cars were produced in 1965.

As for woodtrim: I know of at least three ways people deal with this. Many send the originals to Heritage Woodworks, who specialize in refurbishing our trim. Others buy either pre-finished or un-finished reproductions from our vendors such as Bud's Benz, K&K, Miller's. I bought mine un-finished and stained and shellacked it myself... Still others go to E-bay -- as sets ocaissionally appear there.

Good to see SB represented here. Lots of roots there myself. And, quite a few nice cars there as well.  

James
63 230SL
James
63 230SL

65auto230sl

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 10:29:45 »
thanks for the welcome and the info James. i just purchased the car and it nees a ton of work. i bought it from a local tow yard. i'm so excited about this project i can barely sleep! i'll probably have a bunch of questions... again thank you,
bo

quote:
Originally posted by J. Huber

Hey Bo, welcome to the group.

I can't say I have ever seen the breakdown for automatics versus manuals for a given year. The total amount produced is available, looking at our database link. If I did math correctly (big if), then 6280 cars were produced in 1965.

As for woodtrim: I know of at least three ways people deal with this. Many send the originals to Heritage Woodworks, who specialize in refurbishing our trim. Others buy either pre-finished or un-finished reproductions from our vendors such as Bud's Benz, K&K, Miller's. I bought mine un-finished and stained and shellacked it myself... Still others go to E-bay -- as sets ocaissionally appear there.

Good to see SB represented here. Lots of roots there myself. And, quite a few nice cars there as well.  

James
63 230SL

rwmastel

• Platinum
  • USA, OH, Canal Winchester
  • Pagoda SL Group: 20+ years and going strong!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 22:22:54 »
Bo,

The most important thing for repairing these cars is information.  Take the next month or so to go back to the old threads and read as much as you can.  There is an incredible amount of good information here and if you read a little every night, you'll get hooked on it like a good mystery novel.

I hope you enjoy your new old car!

Rodd
Powell, Ohio, USA
1966 230SL, Euro, Auto, Leather, both  tops
1994 E420
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 22:23:26 by rwmastel »
Rodd

Did you search the forum before asking?
2017 C43 AMG
2006 Wrangler Rubicon
1966 230SL

Ed Cave

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 16:38:01 »
Bo:

Welcome.

I believe one of the best sources for the interior wood trim with correct species, sheen, etc. is Heritage Woodworks in North Carolina. Find them at http://www.heritagewoodworks.com/W113NewWood.htm

Good luck.

Ed Cave
Atlanta, GA

1971 280SL
1973 911S
2004 A4 3.0
2006 GS430