Author Topic: Joe's Garage  (Read 6401 times)

Ricardo

Joe's Garage
« on: June 10, 2003, 21:55:58 »
Uummm it's tues. night already, where are all the reports of the great time had at Joe's and the photos we are all anxious to see.....we can't wait for the book........ somebody SAY something
Richard V

Douglas

Re: Joe's Garage
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 00:01:51 »

Douglas Kim
New York, NY

Douglas

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 00:05:12 »

Douglas Kim
New York, NY

Douglas

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 00:07:24 »
it was part-tech session, part-pilgrimage. enjoy.
Douglas Kim
New York, NY

Richard Madison

• Inactive
  • Platinum
  • USA, NY, New York
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2003, 04:49:05 »
OK, I gave the others a chance to get in the first word but they are too slow...
In summary, the Ohio Tech Session was great and Joe and Mary Alexander deserve thanks big time for the effort and time that went into this gathering...
Joe's place is big (I live in a small NYC apartment) and grass covered. There was a bit of mud but it was ignored by all...weather was a little rainy at times but it did not dampen our enthusiasm...
I guess there were about 10 113's stopping in from time to time, a 6.3 sedan, a 114, a couple of 190 SL's etc...
Must have been about 25 or so in attendance...the tech sessions were hands on: "look at this part" "turn this" etc...covered timing, mixture, valve adjustment, what is each part in the engine bay, plugs and plug wires, and a hundred other things...all questions were answered...
Thanks also to Bob Geco (How to keep the exterior in good condition); Pete Lesler (showed what parts are correct including several clamp styles and more); John Olson of the SL Market Letter was there to give wisdom on 113 market issues, availablity, etc. and showed some great slides (included some two legged Italian beauties) of the Mille Miglia John ran in his Gullwing (thanks for mixing beers, John)...
The cars ranged from nearly perfect to not so perfect. I have decided that a really "perfect" car may not be possible since we don't know about all the any subtle variations in these cars during production...
Joe worked on few attendee cars that needed a little first aid. Joe does it purely for the love of the challenge.
Some video was shot, hope it results in a tape or something for those who could not attend...
If I had any disappointment, there was not one manual car there so I couldn't do a detailed comparison to my standard 4 speed...but you can't have everything...
We shared 113 knowledge by day and high fat meals at night, what could be better...
Richard M
1969 280 SL, Tunis Beige, Euro Model (Italy).