Author Topic: speedometer adjustement  (Read 216 times)

loic

• Junior Level
  • France, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, GRASSE
speedometer adjustement
« on: May 24, 2024, 06:52:03 »
Good morning
Is it possible to manually adjust the speedometer to have a more accurate speed. Mine says 5 km/h more. THANKS
Bonjour
Est-il possible de régler manuellement le compteur de vitesses pour avoir une vitesse plus précise. Le mien indique 5 km/h de plus. Merci
Loïc

Mercedes 230SL 66
Ferrari F430 07
Simca Vedette Régence V8 57

georgem

• Gold
  • Australia, Queensland, Birkdale
Re: speedometer adjustement
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2024, 07:57:46 »
Hi Loic,

5km isn,t much although it can be annoying esp comparing it to a modern speedo.

The "error" could be the fault of a difference in the current tyre circumference and the original tyres. Unfortunately there is not an owner operator fix - it will have to come out and off to a speedo repair shop you go.............on the other hand.......you could suffer the difference and be thankful that its probably saving you from many speeding fines ;)
George McDonald
Brisbane
230 Sl
1973 VW Kombi Single Cab Ute
2022 Volvo XC 40 Pure (100% electric)

Pawel66

• Platinum
  • Poland, Mazowieckie, Konstancin-Jeziorna
Re: speedometer adjustement
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2024, 20:24:26 »
With all the usual disclaimers that I do not know what I am talking about so cannot assume responsibility for damage....

There is. Especially if it is 5km across the dial. But it takes dismantling glass and removing the hand. If you are fluent in such work, you can do it. If not, better give it to a professional.

Remove the glass. (I fabricated puller for this)
Raise the tip of the hand gently and guide it pass the stop peg.
Place speedo vertically and let the hand rest under its own weight. Mark the position of the hand on speedo housing.
Remove the hand.
Re-attach it 5km/h earlier than it was.

There are videos on youtube about it:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KgTtRFFuvQ
Pawel

280SL 1970 automatic 180G Silver
W128 220SE
W121 190SL
G-class