Author Topic: Brass Seat spacer  (Read 468 times)


  • Full Member
  • Regular
  • **
  • USA, VA, Alexandria
  • Posts: 56
Brass Seat spacer
« on: April 16, 2024, 16:27:15 »
Took the driver side seat out of my 111 Coupe to work on the Clutch.  Now I can’t remember where that small brass, U shape seat spacer goes?  Never removed a seat from my SL’s but don’t think they had this part.  Age getting the best of my memory and would like to hear from someone with Help!  Thanks, Larry L.


  • Associate Member
  • Platinum
  • ******
  • USA
  • Posts: 1130
Re: Brass Seat spacer
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 23:20:18 »
If I remember correctly, I have seen those before on the W108 sedans.
They go for the side to side brace between the seat track and the rocker sides. On the outer rocker and seat track, a long bolt goes first and the U shaped piece goes on top of the bolt.
1967 220SL
1969 280SE
2003 VW Beetle TDI
2006 Honda Element