Author Topic: Going to look at a Pagoda this week - it will be for sale in Vancouver BC Canada  (Read 2121 times)

Bonnyboy

• Gold
  • Canada, BC, North Vancouver
  • 1969 280sl Euro 4sp LSD
A local Pagoda owner contacted me and said that he is considering selling his Pagoda.  I will be heading over to see it this week, take some pictures and provide details to this site before it hits the Facebook, Craigslist, BAT? 

I don't know much about it yet but it he says its in very good shape.

If any one is interested, stay tuned to this thread or send me a private message.  He is hoping it will go to an enthusiast instead of a dealer.     
Ian
69 280SL
65 F-100
73 CB750K
75 MGB
78 FLH
82 CB750SC
94 FLHTCU
08 NPS50

Bonnyboy

• Gold
  • Canada, BC, North Vancouver
  • 1969 280sl Euro 4sp LSD
I had a look at the Pagoda I mentioned earlier from a former member of this site (I think).    Based on serial number it looks to be a 280sl manufactured in Feb 1968.  The can seems very straight and all doors / hood / trunk all work very nicely.  I went looking for rust and didn't find any.   He is asking $105,000 Canadian Dollars so a bit less than $USD80,000.   Comes with the hardtop and hardtop rack.

This was his uncle's car from California so the current owner does not know much of the history other than his uncle was a Mercedes guy and this was his personal toy for running errands.  It appears that the car was a bright blue

Details,

US Model
White with a red interior - assume MB Tex
Automatic
kinder seat
had panel in trunk replaced and looks to have been driven once or twice since then
engine
Front grill surround looks new or rechromed
alarm system
electronic ignition (MSD I think)

Non original items

steering wheel
radio -  there may be a replacement in a box in trunk
wheels -  cute but not original
insulation placed under bonnet
speakers installed n rear panel
engine bay painted black

Repairs needed

just a bit of upholstery repair for edge of hard tonneau
Grill bar has 2 holes drilled for a badge

Private message me with your phone number and I can have him contact you. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2023, 21:36:36 by Bonnyboy »
Ian
69 280SL
65 F-100
73 CB750K
75 MGB
78 FLH
82 CB750SC
94 FLHTCU
08 NPS50