Author Topic: wiring diagram  (Read 1376 times)

Eric280SL

• Associate Member
  • Junior Level
  • USA, CA, Los Altos
wiring diagram
« on: March 30, 2023, 21:38:27 »
i need the wiring diagram for the blower motor and Frigiking Ac. i found that cees has one but i can’t figure out how to send him a message

1969 280sl.  white
1970 280sl white

thanks

can i put my personal mail address here or is that verboten?
eric koscove
eric280sl

Paul & Dolly

• Gold
  • United Kingdom, Wales, CARDIFF
  • i Car
Re: wiring diagram
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 22:51:24 »
Clic on MY MESSAGES in the header,  clic SEND A MESSAGE, send him a Personal Message,

Paul
Paul (located in Cardiff - Wales - UK)
1967 Early 250 SL (Auto) White
Mitsubishi i Car
Toyota RAV 4  Hybrid AWD
1936 Alvis Firebird (Gone............)

Cees Klumper

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, De Luz and Los Angeles
    • http://SL113.org
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2023, 03:11:52 »
I got the message but am confused - I don't have any different/additional wiring diagrams not already in the technical manual (the one Achim made - at least I think it's in the technical manual). So, sorry but I can't help in this instance. But do check out the wiring diagram that should be in the technical manual.
Cees Klumper
1969 Mercedes 280 SL automatic
1968 Ford Mustang 302 V8
1961 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Coupe 1600
1962 FIAT 1500S OSCA convertible
1972 Lancia Fulvia Coupe 1.3
1983 Porsche 944 2.5
1990 Ford Bronco II

Cees Klumper

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, De Luz and Los Angeles
    • http://SL113.org
Cees Klumper
1969 Mercedes 280 SL automatic
1968 Ford Mustang 302 V8
1961 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Coupe 1600
1962 FIAT 1500S OSCA convertible
1972 Lancia Fulvia Coupe 1.3
1983 Porsche 944 2.5
1990 Ford Bronco II

BobH

• Gold
  • United Kingdom, England, MALDON
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2023, 07:37:26 »
Hello Eric, looks like Mr Peterssen may be able to help you out with a schematic and a wiring harness if you need one, perhaps send him a message

https://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=29715.msg215180#msg215180
February 1965 230SL Automatic
UK delivered RHD
Papyrus white, blue hard top & hub caps
Blue soft top
Blue leather

rwmastel

• Platinum
  • USA, OH, Canal Winchester
  • Pagoda SL Group: 20+ years and going strong!
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2023, 17:13:57 »
Eric,

You might get more help from more people if you post threads/questions like this under the General Discussion board instead of the Announcements board.
Rodd

Did you search the forum before asking?
2017 C43 AMG
2006 Wrangler Rubicon
1980 450SL
1966 230SL

Lorsar

• Membership Administrator
  • Senior
  • USA, NC, Charlotte
  • 1968 280SL (US)
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2023, 17:42:15 »
Actually it should be in the electrical board.
Lori
1968 280SL (US)

lpeterssen

• Vendor
  • Gold
  • USA, FL, Miami
AC wiring diagram
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2023, 10:31:09 »
Hello to all my friends

Here I am ….  What is exactly the doubt about the connections of that FRIKING AC unit?

ERIK, any A/C system is connected more or less with the same principle at the EVAPORATOR CORE(console, where cold air comes out in the cabin)

There is first a BLOWER MOTOR SWITCH.  This generally has 5 legs. 

1. Source of 12V from a T15 circuit (only energized when car ignition on RUN position)
2. 12V output for Speed I for the blower motor
3. 12V output for Speed II for the blower motor
4. 12V output for Speed III for the blower motor
5. 12V output for the temperature switch, hot in all positions I, II, III

This last leg or terminal you will identify it on this way. 

Find a multimeter, put it on continuity testing function.  Put one terminal fixed on the leg that correspond to the INPUT for the switch. Move the switch to speed I.  See which terminals/legs have continuity with input terminal at this position. 

Repeat the procedure for each speed.  You will notice that for each blower speed position there are always two pins which have continuity.

That is because the leg/terminal that feeds the thermostat switch at the ac console should have power always when the blower fan is activated either on speed I, II or III

So once the blower switch terminal that goes to thermostat switch is identified run a cable from that leg to either side of the thermostat switch.  The second terminal at the thermostat switch is the OUTPUT that will turn ON your AC compressor CLUTCH

So on the simplest approach for a wiring harness to control your AC system, that Compressor activation signal that comes out from the temperature switch should be run to the engine bay, where at least you should have a relay to control the condenser fan an A/c compressor clutch.

That signal just mentioned before should be connected in  that approach to terminal 86 on a standard 4 prong relay.  Terminal 85 directly to ground.  Then terminal 30 should be fed through a fused source coming from battery, and finally terminal 87 output is used to turn on the ac compressor clutch and the condenser fan at the radiator.

There are many ways to solve the wiring harness for an ac system.  That described before is the simplest, which I do not use in my projects.  There are other ways, which I like it more that involve more components and logic to make the system more robust, and to reduce the stress on the charging system.  Not in every circumstance a condenser fan is required to run at the same time as ac clutch.  It really should run only when a set pressure is reached inside the refrigerant gas, and for that you need another control element called trinary switch that is installed on the drier desiccant filter.

See figure attached below.

If any of you want a more professional wiring harness for that purpose feel free to contact me.

Best regards
L.Peterssen

lpeterssen

• Vendor
  • Gold
  • USA, FL, Miami
Photos for a standard 5 prong ac switch
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2023, 10:48:19 »
Here some pictures of a standard rotary ac blower switch.

The legs are identified as L, M, H for the three fan output terminals.  Low, medium, high

And there is a terminal with letter “B” which is the 12v input or battery

And finally a terminal labeled “C” COLD which goes to the thermostat switch input side.

See you all, hope project gets done easily.

L.peterssen