Author Topic: My 280SL 1969 is for sale  (Read 2851 times)

PagodaFan

• Junior Level
  • USA, FL, Tampa
My 280SL 1969 is for sale
« on: March 25, 2023, 17:08:40 »
Hello members,
My 280SL 1969 Pagoda is for sale. $89,000 negotiable.
Light ivory exterior (670H), Red MB-TEX interior, 4-speed automatic, power steering, air conditioner, 2-top, data card shows correct colors and matching engine number, preserved weld marks on inner fenders, older restoration, stripped to bare metal, in 1998, mechanically sound, extensive maintenance records since 1998,

Car underwent extensive mechanical maintenance in 2019-2020 including rebuilding the fuel pump, servicing the ignition and fuel system, and replacing the rear brake calipers. refurbished fuel pump and new fuel filter, new mounts, new brake rear calipers and pads, ignition coil resistor, new battery & cables, new alternator and condenser, ignition rotor, adjust valves, ignition tune-up, new 6 spark plugs, new V/C gasket and belts. 4 new white wall tires.

This Pagoda is now offered with an extensive 25-year service record, a hardtop stand, a tool kit, literature and an owner’s manual, and a clean Florida title in the seller’s name.
The seller notes few small chips and scratches in the paint. A small rust bubble in the left quarter panel photographed. No rust in the undercarriage, the black soft top shows minor fraying and a split in the plastic rear window that is covered by tape.

Please see listing and video on Hemmings:

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/listing/1969-mercedes-benz-280sl-tampa-fl-2672077

I am happy to answer any questions, car is available for inspection in Tampa, FL.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 17:13:56 by PagodaFan »

Bill Aldridge

• Junior Level
  • USA, WA, Vancouver
  • 68' 280SL
Re: My 280SL 1969 is for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023, 23:48:00 »
Hi,

I was searching and for cars that have just replaced a number of components.  If at all, can you share the source and what the prices were for the major things, such as:

Brake Calipers
Fuel Injection rebuilt
Transmission work
Radiator,
Etc> 

All would be helpful in setting some current bench mark pricing. 
best,

Bill