Author Topic: Whatever happened to Longtooth?  (Read 1483 times)

Jack the Knife

• Senior
  • USA, FL, Vero Beach
Whatever happened to Longtooth?
« on: February 22, 2023, 03:50:16 »
I've enjoyed reading some of his posts, especially the extensive ones regarding the progressive springs and wiper stalks. I appreciate his extreme attention to detail, but it seems he dropped off the face of the Earth here around 2008. Does anyone know what happened to him?
1964 230SL
2015 G550 """Professional"""

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Re: Whatever happened to Longtooth?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 16:34:14 »
Over the years, Jack, many members come and go. Life changes, age, sickness, moving on to other cars--you name it.

Longtooth was the moniker for William (Bill) Childers of Morgan Hill, CA. He had a barn find 1967 250SL. He did have an amazing attention to detail.

I am sad to report that Bill passed away on 4/2/2018 from kidney cancer at the age of 72. He left behind his wife Sally, children Jason and Lara, and four granddaughters.

Bill was an early adopter in the Pagoda Style book project; I had great fun working with him in putting his pages together.

Though the sentiment is belated it is no less sincere: RIP, Bill.
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

Jack the Knife

• Senior
  • USA, FL, Vero Beach
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2023, 00:10:22 »
Over the years, Jack, many members come and go. Life changes, age, sickness, moving on to other cars--you name it.

Longtooth was the moniker for William (Bill) Childers of Morgan Hill, CA. He had a barn find 1967 250SL. He did have an amazing attention to detail.

I am sad to report that Bill passed away on 4/2/2018 from kidney cancer at the age of 72. He left behind his wife Sally, children Jason and Lara, and four granddaughters.

Bill was an early adopter in the Pagoda Style book project; I had great fun working with him in putting his pages together.

Though the sentiment is belated it is no less sincere: RIP, Bill.

Thank you Michael for letting me know. I enjoyed his writing very much. He seemed to have a pioneering mentality and a strong spirit of inquiry. Such things are rare in people and I'm sure he enriched the lives of many over the course of his engineering career. May he rest in peace.
1964 230SL
2015 G550 """Professional"""

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2023, 23:01:10 »
Thank you Michael for letting me know. I enjoyed his writing very much. He seemed to have a pioneering mentality and a strong spirit of inquiry. Such things are rare in people and I'm sure he enriched the lives of many over the course of his engineering career. May he rest in peace.

Further saddened to report that Bill's wife Sally also passed away, in 2020. I did seek out their son Jason and send a very belated note of condolence. Don't know if they still have his car or if they sold it.
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid