Author Topic: clutch release bearing / diaphragm clutch kit  (Read 1028 times)

richard230sl

• Associate Member
  • Junior Level
  • Netherlands, South Holland, Lisse
clutch release bearing / diaphragm clutch kit
« on: January 22, 2023, 18:44:30 »
Hello!

I am slowly getting ready to mount a sedan gearbox (with my 230sl top cover) into my 230SL. It will be mounted to a 280SE engine.

I have a sachs diafraghm clutch kit with release bearing that should fit to w113 cars if I am correctly informed (please see part numbers and pictures attached)

Does anyone has experience with getting the diaphragm pressure kit working with the release mechanism in my gearbox? (Pictures attached)

Which parts should I collect in order to get the diaphragm kit working? I suspect it is not as easy as installing the bearing in the kit to the old fork mechanism.

Thanks for your help!

mauro12

• Gold
  • Italy, Sicily, Messina
Re: clutch release bearing / diaphragm clutch kit
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 21:42:26 »
Hi ! I have a very similar situation. I have 250sl with the 5 speed zf gearbox . As you know the pressure plate for 230 and 250 is different than the 280. Your pressure plate is for a 280. I’ve asked this question many times in the forum and the answer is  that it should work but depends on the release bearing . The old style pressure plate is no longer available new but only refurbished. I’m wondering because sooner or later I will be in the situation to replace my clutch and I wouldn’t want to find myself unprepared.
Probably you can help me more than I can help you .
Mauro Pisani
250sl 1967 5speed zf manual