Author Topic: Center armrest  (Read 1104 times)

lagolag

• Senior
  • Sweden, Västra Götaland, Askim
Center armrest
« on: October 31, 2022, 11:25:58 »
I did miss a Center Armrest in my 230SL.

After reading through the different treads on the subject I didn't find what I needed.
I wanted it to have a cup holder and preferably some extra storage and still to have the
standard storage underneath, I came to that a rear armrest from a C-class (W204) could work,
It has a width that matches the space between the seats.
Bought a used one in Charcoal leather and made some fixation brackets, made them in Acrylic / Plexiglas,
easy material to form and shape and enough strength for the purpose. There is no drilling or cutting in the car,
just removed the parcel shelf and placed the bottom bracket at the rear screw point for the parcel shelf and
re-installed the parcel shelf. On the armrest I made a 3-piece bracket that connects to the bracket already installed.
The width of the armrest prevents the seat back from being folded to get access behind the seats,
the 3-piece bracket is made so it easily can be taken away by lifting it vertically.
The cup holder can be used without interfering when shifting.

Now I have a genuine Mercedes comfy and usable center armrest that adds the little extra when enjoying my Pagoda.
Paid €50 for a used leather armrest on Ebay and 15 for a sheet acrylic / Plexiglas, then spent some evenings in the garage to get it done.
Here is the result.
230SL 1967 since July 2021
SL55 AMG 2003 since July 2008
Suzuki Cappuccino 1995 since May 2006, Sold