Author Topic: Concourse d'Elegance Sept. 2022 UPDATE  (Read 3054 times)

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
Concourse d'Elegance Sept. 2022 UPDATE
« on: August 18, 2022, 16:30:20 »
Dear All,

(This tread is for Members from Ontario CANADA and our American Friends that live near our borders to the East, South and West).

If you are one of the original Member that planned to attend the Concourse d’Elegance at Cobble Beach Ontario Canada and are planning to go then I like to ask a few questions;

-Are you still planning to go?
-Has anyone taken over the final planning in June?
-Are you planning to see the Participants tour on Sept 16th?
-Are you planning to go to cars, planes and coffee? Sept 17th Event?
-Will you attend the Concourse d’Elegance on 18th?
-Purchased a parking spot at the event field 18th?
-Will you park in the farmers field on Sept. 18th?

A Note to; Members that did plan to attend the Concourse d’Elegance at Cobble Beach Ontario Canada. Why not take a few minutes and let those that are still going know what your intentions are in a post below this post. I include some links below that are self explanatory including the original thread that I started in March of this year on this subject.

Cobble Beach Main Page

(click top left once the site opens for the Menu

https://www.cobblebeachconcours.com

Concourse Events

(Click top left once the site opens for details on all events)

https://www.cobblebeachconcours.com/events

Dieter’s Original & Update Topic March 2022

https://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=34660.0

Thanks for reading!

Dieter
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
Re: Concourse d'Elegance Sept. 2022 UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2022, 16:33:54 »
Peter J (PJ) will attend the Concourse d’Elegance on the show field with his Pagoda.

Hugh R (Hugh) will attend the Concourse d’Elegance on the show field with his recently acquired Ferrari.

One more Member (if his car will be ready) will attend the Concourse d’Elegance on the show field that is fi he can get his car ready.

Several other Members have purchased a special parking spot for his car inside the grounds at the special parking area.

Doug D. As far as I know will attend Concourse d’Elegance and purchased a parking spot for his car inside the grounds at the special parking area.

Rolf-Dieter S. (Rolf-Dieter) Will attend the arrival of the Participants tour at the Bruce Visitor Centre Sept.16 at around Noon. Attend the cars, planes and coffee event Sept. 17 and attend the Concourse d’Elegance event on Sept. 18. I will park my car on the farmers field (not my Pagoda my daily Driver.

Looks like 6 or 7 of us are going what are your plans? Do let us know in a post below.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 22:52:22 by Rolf-Dieter »

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 16:56:35 »
With 17 days to go for the Concourse d'Elegance at Cobble Beach I am surprised that none of the Members from Ontario CANADA (that showed interest to go before), have NOT responded to any of my questions in the previous posts.

https://www.cobblebeachconcours.com

I did my best to organize this, I guess it all went down the drain when the owner of Cobble Beach offered on site parking at $50- / car (early bird price, now $59-), and we needed to guarantee a minimum of 10 cars for on site parking.

I shall make my way up to Cobble Beach solo, looks like a nice weekend.

Dieter

Jordan

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, Jordan
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2022, 20:59:54 »
Dieter, didn't mean to ignore you but I cannot attend as I will not be here. I hope it is a great show and the weather cooperates.
Marcus
66 230SL  Euro 4 speed

opopotts

• Associate Member
  • Regular
  • Canada, ON, Douglas Dees
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 23:58:12 »
I got there late on Saturday and got a terrible motel near Wiarton. Rained all night and on Sunday morning so I drove back to Toronto in a torrential rain. Maybe next year

pj

• Gold
  • Canada, ON, London, Ontario
  • 1965 230SL
    • my home page
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2022, 06:38:50 »
It was our first time ever actually participating in a concours, so I was pretty anxious about the whole thing. And I managed to misunderstand much of what was expected. The Cobble Beach Concours (like many others?) is actually run to benefit charity, so of course they hope you'll either donate yourself, or inspire others to donate. I probably shouldn't have signed us up for the big banquet, where it was all about raising money. But the car folks who maybe don't feel obliged to donate still hung out together on the field, which, in the case of Cobble Beach, is a lovely golf course on the shore of Georgian Bay. That's an offshoot of Lake Huron in the Great Lakes. The drive from London up there was about 220km, and I was pretty nervous about it, as it was the longest we've driven it since Dan finished putting her back together. But the Pagoda ran smoothly the whole way. And back on the Monday.

We were in Class 5, European Sports Cars before 1975. There were six entries in this category. The winner was a red 1960 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Speciale, and second place was a black 190SL. You can sort of see them in the photos here. As Doug has pointed out, it rained Saturday night. The organizers provided flimsy clear plastic covers to everyone, and I don't think our car suffered from being outside in the rain for the first time since it was rebuilt. There were many compliments, which made us feel pretty good, I must say. The photographer in the photo here said he was covering the event for the MB Club of Canada, so maybe a picture of our car will show up in their newsletter.

Hugh was there with his recent Ferrari acquisition, and he was busy trying to sort out which wheels belonged on the car. It looked amazing! And Dieter actually set up his Blue Tornado in a special area of the parking lot, not on the green field, at the invitation of one of the top organizer persons. I'm pretty sure we three were the only Pagoda owners there. It was a good experience overall and I'm glad we went, despite my anxieties.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 17:54:58 by pj »
Peter J
1965 230SL #09474 named Dagny
2018 B250 4matic named Rigel

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2022, 16:30:46 »
See my photoshoot

here ----> https://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?topic=35596.0

Dieter

Peter, your car looks amazing, perhaps next year. Never ever be nervous driving the Pagoda, this car is very reliable and loves to be driven. Dieter

Doug, sorry to see you turned south east to go back to Toronto. Like Peter, my car had big raindrops all over that soon disappeared during my drive north on Sunday morning. The Wether God made it rain all Saturday night late and early Sunday morning so that we had a great car show the rest of the day. Sorry you missed it, perhaps next year.

Dieter

PS I also took photos on Friday Sept 16 at the Bruce Power Visitor Centre and Saturday Sept. 17 at the airport. I will post this later when I find the time to do so.

Dieter
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 00:48:27 by Rolf-Dieter »

Benz Dr.

• Vendor
  • Platinum
  • Canada, ON, Port Lambton
  • Benz Dr.
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2022, 18:43:16 »
I don't think I know that black 190SL and I've seen most of them around Ontario. Any idea about the owner?  PM if you need to.
1966 230SL 5 speed, LSD, header pipes, 300SE distributor, ported, polished and balanced, AKA  ''The Red Rocket ''
Dan Caron's SL Barn

1970  3.5 Coupe
1961  190SL
1985   300CD  Turbo Coupe
1981  300SD
2013  GMC  Sierra
1965  230SL
1967 250SL
1970 280SL
1988 560SEC

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2022, 20:07:08 »
Dan,

The 1961 Mercedes-Benz 190SL belongs to Travis Agresti, he got 2nd Place.

Dieter