Author Topic: Pagoda Upgraded Rear Windows Defroster Harness  (Read 2949 times)

lpeterssen

• Vendor
  • Gold
  • USA, FL, Miami
Pagoda Upgraded Rear Windows Defroster Harness
« on: June 06, 2022, 13:07:54 »
Dear Friends

Just started producing for our loved cars an upgraded version of the REAR WINDOW DEFROSTER HARNESS.

This harness uses cheaper and safer Mercedes components that will allow you to retrofit your Pagoda with a better solution from the engineering point of view.

Original MB W113 optional window defroster used a simple 16A switch mounted on the central wood console that turned on or off the rear window defroster.  It did not shut off by itself after a certain period of time.  Those switches are expensive since a lot of current passes through them and they are specific to the W113 which of course increases the prices to unimaginable levels.

My solution uses components which look the same and can be sourced for little money that were original on the early production R107. Defroster switch can be sourced used for 45$ instead of 150-200$ for the pagoda original switch.  I added to the layout a timed relay(about 40$) which will make the operation of the window defroster safer. It will automatically shut down after 30 minutes.  That part is also MB original used on w116/R107/w123 and can be easily mounted under the dash next to the flasher relay.

I will sell this custom made harnesses for USD 790 each OBO.

Look at the pictures below.

Write me for any consultation.

Best regards
Eng. Leonardo Peterssen

lpeterssen

• Vendor
  • Gold
  • USA, FL, Miami
Re: Pagoda Upgraded Rear Windows Defroster Harness
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 20:59:18 »
I will accept also to trade parts for MB as part of payment.  Remember I have also my MB babies, so any business proposal is welcome.

The idea is to help the community to complete their projects in the best way..

Best regards
L.peterssen

lpeterssen

• Vendor
  • Gold
  • USA, FL, Miami
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2022, 10:41:18 »
Dear friends

Also was thinking last Night,  that this kind of improved rear defroster harness can be made as well for cars like w111 coupe and w108/109.   Just need from the owner of the car project car instructions on where they want the switch to be installed and to confirm on which side of the rear windshield are the connections for the defroster. 

As you may know I live in Venezuela an none of my cars came with factory rear windshield defroster, as it’s not needed on this tropical weather.

Regards
Lp

wwheeler

• Vendor
  • Platinum
  • USA, TX, Dallas
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2022, 15:49:42 »
It is nice to have someone so knowledgeable about wiring and harnesses in our group! That is a clever update for the rear window defroster and adds a much needed safety factor. One day, I will need to inspect/repair the harness on my W111 and I know who to call!   
Wallace
Texas
'68 280SE W111 coupe
'60 220SE W128 coupe
'70 Plymouth Roadrunner 440+6