Author Topic: 1964 230SL For Sale - Colorado  (Read 3039 times)

Francis Abate

• Junior Level
  • USA, CO, Steamboat Springs
    • First Ride Restorations
1964 230SL For Sale - Colorado
« on: May 30, 2022, 15:11:27 »
Quick update: we've reduced the price of this car to 55K, and can now offer a pre-purchase inspection report as well.

I am assisting a customer in selling his car, and will provide further details to any potentially serious buyers if you contact me privately.  In the meantime I would welcome comments from the group on their thoughts about the asking price, current market, etc...as a matter of personal preference, we have chosen NOT to put this on an auction site at this time.

4-speed car
Same owner since 1987
White top over blue body, dark blue canvas soft-top - paint respray prior to current ownership - presumably to correct factory codes
Approx 13K miles on engine and MFI rebuild; 185K total miles
All interior items replaced between 1987 and 1990
Two rust issues that can not be seen from the outside - both inner fenders above wheel and the inner skin of both quarter panels (the supporting piece that sits perpendicular to the lower part of quarter panel itself, just behind the rear wheels) - the outside of the panel does not appear compromised and the inner piece is a fairly easy repair if the damage is only as far as I could see it.
Asking 55K
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 23:54:27 by Francis Abate »
Francis E Abate
Owner - First Ride Restorations
http://www.firstriderestorations.com
Metal Fabrication, Welding, Trim & Upholstery
email: francis@firstriderestorations.com