Author Topic: SOLD. Original ski rack for sale  (Read 7591 times)

GarWood

• Junior Level
  • Germany
Re: Original ski rack for sale
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2023, 20:14:13 »
There is one ski rack for the hard top offered on eBay currently - bit more expensive than usual, yet, it seems in great shape and clearly one of the few originals.

scottschmelter@gmail.com

• Junior Level
  • USA, NY, Brewster
Re: SOLD. Original ski rack for sale
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2023, 14:48:25 »
Hello, I am new to the SL Pagoda Group. Love reading all these posts in this group. I was a Mercedes certified technician until 1991. I have a 1971 280sl w113, that was built for the owner (Ziggy Benzel) of Benzel Busch for his wife for her birthday and when she got it, she hated it, so Ziggy Benzel offered it to my dad, whom was a friend. My dad is the original owner and it is mine now. I the car had every optional item you could get from the factory, even items added by the factory, except the ZF manual trans installed, that nobody has on any one in existence. Hagerty confirmed the same upon insuring it for the amount with all these options. He even installed every option or accessory, he could as a Mercedes dealer item. Also whatever he did not want to install, but I have all the items he did not install. Basically everything that has been posted on this discussion, even (2) two of each. If anyone is interested in something they would like to have, please let me know. There is one item I do not have an extra of is the roof/luggage rack, mine cracked and could get it repaired and re-chromed, but would rather have one that is in not cracked. Maybe we could trade something you need or I can buy it from you. I have had 230sl, 250sl and 280sl, but dads is the one I will never sell. Looking forward to hearing from you and will help anyone if I can do so. These cars are so special and anyone whom has not owned one, is missing something that should be a bucket item in their life… God Bless, Scott

rwmastel

• Platinum
  • USA, OH, Canal Winchester
  • Pagoda SL Group: 20+ years and going strong!
Re: SOLD. Original ski rack for sale
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2023, 20:27:29 »
Hello Scott and welcome to the Group.   It's great that you have a family heirloom Pagoda, lucky.

Regarding all your spare accessories, I suggest you take a couple pics of each one and create a for sale thread for each item.
Rodd

Did you search the forum before asking?
2017 C43 AMG
2006 Wrangler Rubicon
1966 230SL