Author Topic: Need help finding a mechanic in or near Seattle, WA  (Read 1815 times)

JG55

• Associate Member
  • Junior Level
  • USA, WA, Seattle
Need help finding a mechanic in or near Seattle, WA
« on: April 04, 2022, 23:40:23 »
Having trouble finding a mechanic that knows older Mercedes (SL) in the Seattle area. Any ideas?

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Re: Need help finding a mechanic in or near Seattle, WA
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2022, 12:20:53 »
There’s another thread in the full member forum, similar question but “Washington State”. Search the membership list for CraigD and ask him. Also search that same list for all members in WA and make personal contact. Remember not a high percentage of our membership makes regular visits to our forums, so your question may not be seen. But report back here when you find one!

Someone mentioned Kent Bergsma in Bellingham. However if you go to his website, Mercedessource you’ll see that what he mostly does is sell things and make videos. They don’t even take phone calls. Personally I would find it extremely difficult to send a car to a shop that I can’t call… so it’s really uncertain whether or not they want any business with cars coming in to repair, restore or maintain. But go to his website and ask the question.

Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 00:24:33 »
Hi Jeff,

I made Google one of my best friends if for example you Goole

Need, European Auto Nrechanic near Seatle WA

You be surpriced how many possibileties there are for you to call and ask questions. Like do you service Mercedis Pagoda?

As for our web site here there us a very powerful dataBase under MEMBERS in the main page. When you click on it you will see one option for you to click on is MEMBERLIST

This list is completely sortable for Full Members. Click on LOCATION then on on the last PAGE or near there and you should see Members in the Seatle WA area. You can post a PM to one of the members and ask them about where they take there car for maintenance etc.

Give it a try if you get no resulys from Mike's recommendation

Good Luck!

Dieter

« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 19:01:02 by Rolf-Dieter »
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2022, 19:19:09 »
Hi Jeff,

Sorry to read that you are planning to leave this fine group of Pagoda drivers, believe me we are a friendly bunch and. we do help each other every day. Like Peter and Michael we read your post you made April 4, 2022. Both Michael and myself took the time to address your question and post as best as we could, it looks like you never returned to your post to read what Michael’s and I had written to you. I say this since your message to Peter van Es states no one responded to you.

You joined just after I did this site in 2013 surly you must know we are one of the best car sites with members from all around the world tat help one another.

I hope you stay and give our recommendations we posted in April to you a try and let us know how you made out.

Best regards

Dieter
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL