Author Topic: The Powers That Be  (Read 1682 times)

thomas wright

• Associate Member
  • Junior Level
  • United Kingdom, England, Liverpool
The Powers That Be
« on: November 07, 2021, 11:32:04 »
Hi All,
I have reason to believe that another member has stepped over the line with me and asserted a position as unofficial Moderator .
I wish to make a formal complaint to the Directors/Moderator but it would be helpful to know how I go about doing this.

Many thanks to all fair minded folk.

Tom

ejboyd5

• Associate Member
  • Gold
  • Southold, NY
Re: The Powers That Be
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 12:14:25 »
I just wasted some time reviewing your past posts trying to determine a basis for your complaint, but could find nothing. Would you care to tell us why you feel oppressed?

Cees Klumper

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, De Luz and Los Angeles
    • http://SL113.org
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2021, 14:39:23 »
There are official moderators of the forums. I recommend Tom that you contact one or more of them with your concern. You can also contact Mike Mizesko, the Board Chair. I trust they will look into the matter.
Cees Klumper
1969 Mercedes 280 SL automatic
1968 Ford Mustang 302 V8
1961 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Coupe 1600
1962 FIAT 1500S OSCA convertible
1972 Lancia Fulvia Coupe 1.3
1983 Porsche 944 2.5
1990 Ford Bronco II

thomas wright

• Associate Member
  • Junior Level
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2021, 14:47:57 »
Hi ejboyd5,
If you have more important things to do with your time you shouldn't have bothered reviewing my posts.
I only asked for someone to point me in the right direction on this site to make an official complaint and that was all, I also I cannot reveal what my complaint is about as it may affect the person in question.

FYI, I have now had a reply from a member of the Board to whom I will put my case.

Have a nice day.

thomas wright

• Associate Member
  • Junior Level
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2021, 14:54:35 »
Hi Clees Klumper,
Thank you for you for your reply it is just what I am after.

Have a nice day.

Tom

mmizesko

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Gold
  • USA, OH, New Albany
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2021, 15:09:11 »
Thomas,
Please PM me with your issue and who you have connected with on the Board. I will make sure I follow up.

Thank You,

Mike Mizesko
President
1970 280SL 291H Dark Olive

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2021, 16:38:01 »
...another member has stepped over the line...I wish to make a formal complaint...

Hello Tom,

Our club President, Mike Mizesko, has contacted you and will deal with your specific complaint.

More generally speaking, recognize that we are a registered club, incorporated, and as such we have policies of governance in place. We are run by a volunteer Board of Directors, and our rules are our Bylaws. You can find these here: https://www.sl113.org/wiki/About/Bylaws

The Bylaws govern how we function as a club. For example, there's a section in the bylaws about treasurer's functions, and that's what I adhere to as club treasurer.

Aside from the Bylaws, which makes little to no mention of our primary means of "meeting" and "communication", (the forums), our forums have their own set of rules. Most of these are simply common sense. For example, We do not tolerate defamatory remarks, harassment, or anything of the sort. Each of the specific forums has a moderator, and when a moderator makes a change to a post for some reason, this moderation is logged. You can find the moderation log here: https://www.sl113.org/forums/index.php?action=moderate;area=modlog

I'm sure your issue will be addressed properly and in a timely manner. As a board member something like this is of concern (though I'm just the treasurer, not a moderator) and I too looked at your posts. They look like pretty normal posts for someone engaging with the forum topics and his own car.

By the way, most of the board members post regularly, and it shouldn't be too hard to find us. You can always go here: https://www.sl113.org/wiki/About/ContactInfo  Our admin is very good about passing on information to the various board members if a general query comes into a general email for the group. There's always a posting by the President after the annual meeting, and changes to the board of directors are noted in that posting.
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid