Author Topic: Aircon holes in firewall for a rhd  (Read 2275 times)

col320ce

• Gold
  • Australia, Victoria, Glen Iris
Aircon holes in firewall for a rhd
« on: August 09, 2021, 03:44:25 »
Can anyone tell me the correct place for the aircon firewall holes in a right hand drive?  I'm adding a buds benz unit to the 230sl...
Thanks!
Col

1964 230SL
1965 250SE coupe
1993 320CE Sportline

Merc_Girl

• Gold
  • United Kingdom, England, Godalming
Re: Aircon holes in firewall for a rhd
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 20:06:34 »
Can anyone tell me the correct place for the aircon firewall holes in a right hand drive?  I'm adding a buds benz unit to the 230sl...
Thanks!

Hi there
Not being funny but shouldn’t Budz be able to tell you this? I remember talking to them some time back when I was looking for an air con unit and they mentioned for a RHD, longer pipe work would be required. I decided to look at an alternatives, but I’m sure they would be more than happy to help?
230SL

col320ce

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2021, 22:08:27 »
This is the reply from Buds:

We don’t have a RHD car here that I could tell you exactly where the hoses go but I did find out that they go on the firewall on the left side of car or your passenger side.

I figured that they'd be on the left side but I'd like to get them in the correct spot.
Col

1964 230SL
1965 250SE coupe
1993 320CE Sportline

Merc_Girl

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2021, 22:15:00 »
This is the reply from Buds:

We don’t have a RHD car here that I could tell you exactly where the hoses go but I did find out that they go on the firewall on the left side of car or your passenger side.

I figured that they'd be on the left side but I'd like to get them in the correct spot.

That’s a shame, if they are happy to sell to fit a RHD, they should at least know how to fit it!.

I guess the only thing would be to try and do a ‘mirror image’ of the LHD fitting and then adjust if needs be. Given these were after market at the time (so I believe), there wouldn’t be any pre-pressed/ drilled holes in LHD model either. Might be worth getting a friend to help so one can look inside whilst other looks in engine bay 😉

Sorry I haven’t been of much help
230SL

col320ce

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2021, 01:18:15 »
I'm against the pump getting the car back together so I'll put the aircon on another time. I'll keep searching on Google in the mean time for rhd factory aircon on a later version.
Col

1964 230SL
1965 250SE coupe
1993 320CE Sportline

Merc_Girl

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2021, 20:12:12 »
Good luck Col, both with the restoration and finding a rhd air con pictures. Let me know how you get on!
230SL