Author Topic: Pointers and Tips to organize Cars & Coffee in your area  (Read 7444 times)

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
I had some time today so I prepared a PDF file on how to find Members in the area were one lives using this Pagoda SL Group site sortable dataBase under the Main Menu "Members"

Most of the long time Members of this site are very familiar with this, however, New Members may not be that faniliar and I like to give them a helping hand. The PDF file I am attaching (see below) provides a bit more insight for New Members to accomplish this fun task of finding other members in the area to get together with and have a Car & Coffee get together or even plan a short road trip or join already existing Pagoda Members that meet for coffee.

Dieter
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 17:04:08 by Rolf-Dieter »
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL

Frontseat Driving

Re: Pointers and Tips to organize Cars & Coffee in your area
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 17:32:40 »
What a great resource!

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 00:00:14 »
I spend quite a few hours putting this together. Has anyone used this? Anyone finds it helpful? A little feed back would be apprichiated.

Find it all to complex? well let me asure you it's not, see how many members you can find in your Province, State or other parts of this ever shrinking world due to the Internet. You be surprised. :)

Say something, take your dark glasses off why dont you :) ??? :) :) :)

Dieter

EDIT... I hate the auto spell checker ... screwed up my message
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 20:32:59 by Rolf-Dieter »

DaveB

• Gold
  • Australia, Western Australia, Lathlain
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 00:26:06 »
Yes, appreciate the work you've done! (and the Niagara exploration etc).
Where are you in that page 1 photo - lower left?
Regards, David
DaveB
'65 US 230sl 4-speed, DB190

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2021, 02:53:21 »
Yes, appreciate the work you've done! (and the Niagara exploration etc).
Where are you in that page 1 photo - lower left?
Regards, David

Hi Dave, my car is blue and the first one in the lower left hand photo. The next car is Hugh our North American Membership Director on the bord. Last is Peter (Pj) a retired Professor. We are all from London ON. Attached is a picture that some one took of us in Germany in the Hotel we stood during our Mosel Trip. I am in the left of the attached photo as we enjoyed a few nice Mosel wines :) I was a passengier in a nice Pagoda during the tour of the Mosel River with a Member from my former home town in Germany. Do you know Garry Marks? Have you meet him and his wife Kate? He lives near Melbourne Australia. A few years back Garry and his wife Kate came to North America with there nice Pagoda. You proberly will meet him or chat with him some day if you not already have.

Stay Safe!

Dieter

DaveB

• Gold
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2021, 04:31:44 »
That's a great photo! Prost!
I haven't met Garry personally, we live on opposite sides of the country. I've met local member Marty. And Jonny B visited Perth too.
DaveB

DaveB

• Gold
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 01:56:30 »
And I met Steven Ahern once - I happened to be riding by on my bike while he was filling up.
Steven sold his 230SL so he probably doesn't visit this site much but he and Jon B still keep in touch with me which I really appreciate!
So yeah I think it is a great idea that you're encouraging local in-person meetups.
Dave
DaveB

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2021, 14:42:39 »
I do Dave, after all it is not only about cars, it’s also about people and you meet the nicest people on this site. Last night I had a call from a member that planned to be part of our road trip next week, unfortunately he had to cancel, the health of his wife declined and he cannot leave her. We talked over one hour about cars and other stuff.

Stay safe

Dieter