Author Topic: Frapper  (Read 1704 times)

RAY

• Silver
  • United Kingdom, England, Bromley
Frapper
« on: July 25, 2021, 09:30:32 »
Reading through my newly acquired volume 1 of the early Pagoda Worlds I came across a small article in issue 8 under the heading of Updates and information.

It related to the 113 'Frapper' web page www.frappr.com/sl113pagodagroup

Personaly, as someone who tries to organise 'Pagoda Gatherings', I thought it was a great idea but having gone onto the 'page' it seems at the time the technical abilities of Google etc were a bit lacking and of course it does rely on people willing to sign up, which at the time also seemed to be lacking ?

Is it possibly worth looking into this again to see if a system could work more effectively now, 15 years on, and see if members may be more agreeable to sign up to a new system ?
Maybe somehow incorporated with the emergency contact list suggested by Katie is another possibility.

Just a thought !
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 09:42:27 by RAY »

Merc_Girl

• Gold
  • United Kingdom, England, Godalming
Re: Frapper
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 21:43:54 »
Hi Ray

I heard mention that the Board were to discuss at their next meeting the possibility of having a pagoda helpline but concerns over GDPR , especially as countries interpret data protection differently.

Not heard back as to what the thoughts of the Board was in this regard, but I’m sure if we could get points of contact within each country, maybe in larger countries they could use regions/states that should still work? Then members could ask the country/regional point of contact for the list.

I’m not sure what is so hard about that, other than whoever the PoC is would need to check up on local GDPR requirements and ensure they are met?

Katie
230SL

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 10:35:43 »
Dear all,

it's just a matter of my time. We can do this in a GDPR correct way, as I've already informed the board. The way it would work is as follows:
  • I slightly modify the database/membership data to include a telephone number and a tick box "emergency help"
  • I create a (Full Member only) listing of the member list called "emergency contact list" with just country, state, city, name, telephone nr and e-mail address
  • when a member renews, we ask them to verify the contact details again, including telephone nr

Then at least we are ok with the GDPR, people will have given explicit consent to share "emergency help" data, and when their membership lapses, they go off the list automatically, and we delete their records automatically.

The full member listing I could even format as a small pdf booklet people can print and take along. After the summer I may have time to make these changes if the board wants to go ahead with this.

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 10:59:27 »
Ok, I've just implemented the first step.

If you are interested in adding yourself to the Emergency contact list, go to your Profile / Forum Profile.

At the bottom, two fields have been added:
  • Telephone number, please add in international format, e.g. +44 8984 1234 or +1 213-343-7894. We recommend using your mobile number
  • Emergency Contact, a checkbox which indicates your permission to participate in the emergency contact list, sharing your telephone number and e-mail with other members

So please start adding these fields and clicking the checkbox for future use. The booklet function will take some time to implement.

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!