Author Topic: PAGODA WORLD BOOK VOLUME 1: PROJECT CONCLUDED  (Read 2140 times)

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
PAGODA WORLD BOOK VOLUME 1: PROJECT CONCLUDED
« on: July 16, 2021, 19:27:48 »
HELLO!

It gives me great pleasure to report that the project has been concluded. All book orders have had their shipping arranged and paid for. The last two batches to go out were all the EU books, and these went out in a batch of 50 today, and the balance of 30 (which have purchased labels) will be in the post on Monday.

All EU mailings come from Ireland (our member David Robinson and his hardworking family!); all were sent "Small Packet". These carry a 2-3 day scheduled delivery to every destination, but you know, it may take a little longer. I'd imagine that by this time next week, many of them will be in your hands.

For those in the EU who ordered TWO books, you will get TWO separate packages, two mailings. This has to do with the differences between "small packet" and "parcel". Two small packets are less costly than one parcel by quite a bit.

The AnPost (Ireland) system required most European addresses to have counties/provinces/regions or other jurisdictions on the label in addition to the town or village, so if your address looks funny it was a mere attempt to get it into the system.

This "trans-shipping" scheme saved the club a considerable amount of money in shipping costs. We appreciate your patience, particularly our EU friends who had an unfortunate delay.

All USA, Canada, Australia and UK shipments have long been posted so those who ordered a book from those areas should have received it by now. We have records of every shipping label used and tracking numbers for each package.. So, if there are any missing, please contact me by EMAIL (not PM please) which you can easily do from my forum information.

Thanks everyone for a successful project!!
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

David Robinson

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Senior
  • Ireland, Connaught, Galway
Re: PAGODA WORLD BOOK VOLUME 1: PROJECT CONCLUDED
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2021, 21:19:51 »
Mike
An absolute pleasure to be involved. Few will know the effort required from your end.  Every book came ready to ship followed by a PDF of the shipping label (really well planned by Mike and co.). We had a snag at the clearing broker which delayed the EU books but that was outside of our control. As Mike has said 50 shipped today and the remaining 30 will ship on Monday.
Happy reading everyone
David
P.s You never know how your rural post office clerk will react when you arrive with 50 packages. She was super

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 20:41:07 »
As mentioned last Friday, the remaining 30 books for EU were posted today in Ireland.

All books have now been posted, completely, worldwide for this project.

Thank you everyone!
Michael Salemi
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

AndrewB

• Senior
  • United Kingdom, Channel Islands, Forest
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2021, 07:35:21 »
Brilliant project, thank you once again to everyone who made it possible !
1969 280SL
1970 280SL (undergoing restoration)
1971 Range Rover Suffix A Kingsley Restomod
1987 500SL
2002 Porsche 996 Targa
2011 Landrover Defender TdCi
2019 Mercedes S560 Cabriolet

Paul

• Junior Level
  • France, Alsace, Mittelhausbergen
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 14:53:14 »
Mine arrived in France today . Fantastic condition, a very nice book. Beautiful evenings of reading in perspective. Thanks to All for this great work. :D
280SL 1970

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2021, 15:34:10 »
Mine arrived in France today . Fantastic condition, a very nice book. Beautiful evenings of reading in perspective. Thanks to All for this great work. :D

Paul--yours was posted exactly one week ago, last Friday, in Ireland...so the "2-3 day service" turned out to be about five days.

All of France, Ireland, Belgium, Cyprus, Germany, [most] Sweden and Spain were posted that day.
The balance from Netherlands, Italy, a couple from Sweden, Romania, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia and Norway left on Monday.

I expect the largest number of these will be delivered over the next three to five mailing days--
Michael Salemi
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

vintagecoupe

• Junior Level
  • Germany, Lower Saxony, Wolfenbuettel
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2021, 15:40:01 »
Received mine today in Germany. Thanks to everybody involved in this tremendous effort!
'65 250SE W111 coupe
'68 280SL W113

yves

• Silver
  • France, Poitou-Charentes, LA ROCHELLE
  • Happy owner of a 69/ 280 sl , 63 Etype ,55 XK 140
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 10:14:11 »
Hurrah..... I get it .....! the package arrived when i was refitting the throttle cross member.....
It's a nice Pagoda day .  :)
I'll have a drive to check it's OK  ;)
Happy owner of a 69 blue 280SL ,  63 FHC  osb E-type , 55 FHC XK 140 to be restored...