Author Topic: Need mechanic shop in Miami area  (Read 1403 times)

Navpatagonia

• Associate Member
  • Junior Level
  • USA, FL, Key biscayne
Need mechanic shop in Miami area
« on: March 29, 2021, 11:38:08 »
Hello, i am a newbie here. Recently purchased a 280 SL 1970 with manual transmission.
And i am looking for advice for a shop to maintain my car in the Miami area.

Also the car came without air conditioner, and keeping the car in Miami i would need to add AC.
I saw the Bud Benz kit. Any comments on this? Other options??

Thanks in advance!!
Regards Norberto

alexehg

Re: Need mechanic shop in Miami area
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 14:58:48 »
I use Earl's Garage
305-803-6895
2611 NW 163rd Street

Rothko

• Associate Member
  • Senior
  • USA, FL, Palm Beach
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 15:12:40 »
Congratulations on your purchase!

Regarding air conditioning, it really depends on what kind of driving you intend to do with the car.

I'm about an hour and a half north of you, and while my 280 has air, I've never used it.  Just like I never put the top on / down.  But I drive the car mostly on the weekend, and when the weather is nice. 

It can get pretty hot in the summer, and I limit my driving to early morning or late afternoon or evenings.  During fall, winter and spring, you really don't need or want the air conditioning.

So, depending on your planned usage for the car, you might want to hold off and see if putting in air is really necessary.

Navpatagonia

• Associate Member
  • Junior Level
  • USA, FL, Key biscayne
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 23:47:09 »
Thanks Rothko alexehg for answers.

Alexehg do you know what the hourly rate is?  I imagine they are very familiar with W113 right? (Sorry for obvious question)

Benz280

• Senior
  • USA, NJ, Jersey City
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 13:27:10 »
Comments on hourly rates, as many 113 owners will attest, knowledge ,experience and an understanding of how MB's of years gone by were manufactured will play a strong role in a proper repair .
Some shops may charge less, some more - The one that knows exactly what to do and how to do it will save you less $$ in the long run.   
1971 280SL 4 Speed
1995 E320 Cab
1965 Shelby GT350