Author Topic: Looking for center console for a W11X  (Read 2240 times)

hansr433

• Associate Member
  • Senior
  • Italy, Tuscany, Torrita di Siena
Looking for center console for a W11X
« on: March 16, 2021, 18:28:22 »
Would someone have a source or a shop that can make an under dash center console for my W111 220SE Cabrio with manual tunnel shifter? I want to hide the electric motor for the steering assist and find a better way to integrate my USB charger and a few other things I want to install.  I am aware that the tunnels of the later cars were wider.
Hans
1963 220SE Cabrio (Exterior: Navy MB 332, Top: Haarz Navy, Interior: 482P Sahara Beige)
1963 BMW R69S

doitwright

• Gold
  • USA, IL, Willowbrook
Re: Looking for center console for a W11X
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 19:52:39 »
Are you thinking having it made from wood and veneered to match existing wood trim? Upholstered in leather?
A trim carpenter, cabinet shop or furniture maker/refinisher might be a place to start.
Frank Koronkiewicz
Willowbrook, Illinois

1970 280SL Originally Light Ivory - Now Anthracite Gray Metallic

hauser

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 20:39:52 »
I had one made locally, then sent it to Madera Concepts.  They actually re did the piece with better materials that will stand up to the elements of interiors.

hansr433

• Associate Member
  • Senior
  • Italy, Tuscany, Torrita di Siena
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 21:06:18 »
Are you thinking having it made from wood and veneered to match existing wood trim? Upholstered in leather?
A trim carpenter, cabinet shop or furniture maker/refinisher might be a place to start.
Precisely.  My thinking is to buy one that is already made, and then have a local trim shop finish it to my specs.  Thus if anyone knows of a source that supplies "raw" consoles or has a document/plan with the correct size, kindly let me know.

I am also looking for a source for the vinyl covering used on the under dash cartons.
Hans
1963 220SE Cabrio (Exterior: Navy MB 332, Top: Haarz Navy, Interior: 482P Sahara Beige)
1963 BMW R69S