Author Topic: Re-keying your classic MB, which are the appropriate pin sizes and shims  (Read 1998 times)

lpeterssen

• Vendor
  • Gold
  • USA, FL, Miami
Dear friends

As always I am learning something new, and that is to be my own locksmith to repair or rekey my own Mercedes locks.

Any one here has experience on this to tell me which brand or size of lock pins are compatible with classic mercedes locks and where to source them. Also the shims and springs.

Thanks you in advance.

Regards
L.peterssen

450sl

• Silver
  • Netherlands, Gelderland, zelhem
Lpeterssen, i think the only way to go is to get some salvage parts to rebuild your locks ; a lot of the later models use the same parts. simply identify by comparing the keys

mnahon

• Silver
  • Canada, QC, Montreal
The second picture shows the two-sided-key lock which was only used on very late Pagodas, so finding those can be a challenge. Look for Mercedes locks from similar years---1970-72. For example, I think these door handles (W111) will use the same parts.

I haven't seen the one in the first picture before.
Meyer Nahon
Montreal, Canada
1968 MB 280SL Auto Euro LHD Silver
2021 Tesla Model 3

Jack Jones

• Silver
  • Canada, ON, Milton
I have a complete keying kit for the later Pagodas that includes waffers and springs but not sure if they are still available. I will access my kit and provide the name and number on this forum.
Jack Jones                                                                                                   
1970 280SL 4 Speed
1984 280SL 5 Speed

lpeterssen

• Vendor
  • Gold
  • USA, FL, Miami
Many thanks I really appreciate that

Not only for the waffer kit number use on later pagodas, but on locks prior to that using pins and springs like the shown on first picture.

The first picture came from a w109-1966

Best regards
Lp

lpeterssen

• Vendor
  • Gold
  • USA, FL, Miami
Dear friends

NEW INFO TO SHARE

I found a kit for rekeying Mercedes locks with company called Autom Security Products ASP, INC. but they have kits only for late style locks like the ones which use Wafers instead of pins. (Second photo, with black key).  The kit only 35 usd with 25 wafers of each size.

This is the email: info@carlocks.com

Still looking for a pinning kit for previous pin and spring type Mercedes locks.

Best regards to all you
L.peterssen