Author Topic: LHD OR RHD?  (Read 1588 times)

Guernsey70

LHD OR RHD?
« on: December 31, 2020, 20:34:36 »
Hi group.  Quick question: I am located in the US, but is a left hand drive or right hand drive Pagoda more valuable when it comes to resale?  I value the opinions on here.  Thank you!

georgem

• Gold
  • Australia, Queensland, Birkdale
Re: LHD OR RHD?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 20:49:37 »
My opinion  is that in the US, a RHD would be less saleable than a LHD.  Same here in Aus however the other way where LHD cars are approx 60% of the value of a RHD.

In the UK its not so much as cars can be driven on the Continent but US and the Aus - no such option for neighbouring countries.

George McDonald
Brisbane
230 Sl
1973 VW Kombi Single Cab Ute
2022 Volvo XC 40 Pure (100% electric)

wayne R

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 02:34:05 »
Yes as George says ,i would agree with Pagoda,
But i dont all together agree with George on the  differents from left to right hand drive  here in Australia,
and i will give my reasons now.
Right now there are  10 Pagodas for sale on ---www.carsales.com.au---they are australias bigest  online sales outlet,
unless you sell on ebay,gumtree, or privately.
Over the years alot of classic cars sold in Australia are over priced by thousands of dollars,and what this has done has
raised pricing of classics to high,and its not private persons doing this, its classic car dealers, so what happens ,most of these
sit and dont sell, example  some of the pagodas for sale have been there for over a year,.so private sellers try to sell at those high price,
Then i will go further and say that alot of these dealerships are not experiance with the particular make and model,and have them
restored , by persons that dont have the knowlegde to do the restoration, and the car gets over restored ,paint , chrome, in incorrect areas,incorrect parts ,even some basic things that you or i would never do to a pagoda.
Here is a list of for sale now,--5--230SL--average sale price--$155.000.00
                                         --5--280SL--average sale price--$250.000.00,   in my opinion $95000.00 differents from 230 to 280SL is far to high for a start , and because of this ,the differents from left to right hand drive in my opinion is about  $70 to 75% in Australia.
Go take a look  for your self at  the pagodas listed right now on the above site.---thank you.

Bonnyboy

• Gold
  • Canada, BC, North Vancouver
  • 1969 280sl Euro 4sp LSD
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 03:05:55 »
My opinion is that the most valuable car is the one that is attractive to the most potential customers within the immediate area.   

I met a guy several years back who would buy all the vintage right hand drive vehicles he could at a significant discount because they are just scary to drive "on the wrong side of the road" here in Canada.  He would then ship them by container to england or germany where he could sell them at a significant premium.   

Having been a passenger in  RHD mini I must say it was not enjoyable at all for me - especially when passing cars.   
Ian
69 280SL
65 F-100
73 CB750K
75 MGB
78 FLH
82 CB750SC
94 FLHTCU
08 NPS50