Author Topic: Lseat- anyone ordered leather seats from them  (Read 2397 times)

Green68MB

• Associate Member
  • Junior Level
  • USA, NC, Taylorsville
Lseat- anyone ordered leather seats from them
« on: November 02, 2020, 22:48:12 »
I Have seen a very reasonable price for  entire pair of leather seats from the Lseat company.  Has anyone ordered and was satisfied with their work?

doitwright

• Gold
  • USA, IL, Willowbrook
Re: Lseat- anyone ordered leather seats from them
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 06:29:47 »
Since you are on this forum, I would suggest you do a search of interior suppliers. I have not heard the name you mentioned but there are several others that many here have had good success with.
Frank Koronkiewicz
Willowbrook, Illinois

1970 280SL Originally Light Ivory - Now Anthracite Gray Metallic

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 18:11:33 »
I've never heard of them either. $349.00 for a pair of leather seat covers for our car? That almost sounds too good to be true...
When I come to find new vendors like this, I always look for an "about us" and a "contact us" tab.
In the case of "about us" there was nothing. For the contact us, just a phone and email--no location information given.
Caveat Emptor.
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

franjo_66

• Silver
  • Australia, NSW, Point Piper
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 22:26:16 »
Do not  expect an OEM type quality finish with LSeat. The old adage "you get what you pay for" holds true.

A few of my BMW colleagues have used LSeat for their youngtimer models. The outcome is ok as they were replacing worn out 40 year old interiors.

For the price you are getting a good economic alternative if cost cutting is your focus. But fit & finish will not compare to OEM type offerings from GAHH, TopsOnline, etc

Regards
Franjo
Franjo

1965 230SL Black/Auto/RHD
2005 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
1983 BMW 735i
1986 560 SEC
1991 500SL
1982 Holden Statesman DeVille

Green68MB

• Associate Member
  • Junior Level
  • USA, NC, Taylorsville
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 22:28:24 »
The web address is https://www.lseat.com.    I am aware of the companies often talked about on the forum, yet seat covers are seat covers.  For example   down by lake Norman there is an  essentially Boat interior upholsterer who posts great photos, and a guy up  outside of Wilkesboro;  each are talented.   The price is great for seats, I am  always looking for someones successful find!   With the essentially limited market for Pagoda  parts   and unless you are so obsessed with show car quality, I like to keep options open.   

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 23:18:53 »
...yet seat covers are seat covers... 

Not here, not on older Mercedes I'm afraid. Much of the value in collectible MBs of this era is in the fact that those who maintain them usually adhere to trying to keep this somewhat original and of reasonable high quality. A number of folks here wait to do it right, rather than do it now with an inexpensive solution. That's those usual vendors like Heritage, GAHH, German Auto Tops, and a number of others catering to these cars.  A thrifty redo of the seat covers, and then not matching the door panels, the dash, and even the little inserts on the window winders and ashtray will mark your car as, well, a thrifty redo. Now, there's nothing wrong with that as long as you understand it and it suits your needs. If you ever go to sell your car, with a mismatched interior or one of not so great quality, it will not command the kind of prices that go along with one properly done. If you don't care to ever sell, then it's OK.

At least with seat covers, they can always be pulled off and replaced...

The boat analogy isn't exactly the same kind of deal. There's no such thing as a collector pontoon! People don't strive for originality. Now, if you had a $200K Cigarette boat (of which there are a number on Lake Norman) with a bespoke interior, and a seat got destroyed, you'd probably want the repair or replacement it to match the rest of the boat's interior, yes? You wouldn't just take any old seat cover; you wouldn't go to some guy in a garage in Mooresville...with all due respect to my friends in Mooresville! You'd want it done properly, like they did at the factory.
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

kampala

• Platinum
  • USA, CA, Hermosa Beach
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2020, 06:07:05 »
I find it interesting that Lseat offer the same covers for all w113's ( 230, 250, 280) the seats are not the same.

250sl - later - manual
280sl - 1971 - Auto - LSD

Aslam

doitwright

• Gold
  • USA, IL, Willowbrook
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2020, 14:23:01 »
LSeat has no reviews on their site for the W113 model. So far, we know no one here has admitted to using their product. It seems, they only supply seat covers so if you were looking to do a complete interior, you would have to match with another vendor. It also seems they may (I cannot say for sure) come up short on some of the intricate details of original MB upholstery. They offer a wide range of colors but do not reference Mercedes color codes. There are some owners who may have a car where replicating all the original details may not matter to them and just want something to replace old, torn and worn out upholstery. If that person is you, then I say give it a try, not much to lose. You can always put them up on eBay if you are not happy with what you get.
Frank Koronkiewicz
Willowbrook, Illinois

1970 280SL Originally Light Ivory - Now Anthracite Gray Metallic

• Platinum
  • Germany, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Tecklenburg
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2020, 23:49:51 »
Green,

It's your car and you can do with your car what you want.
Most has been said by the others.

A few points though to consider.
1) Buy cheap - buy twice  ???
2) The Lseat advert doesn't look too promising. Wrong perforation on the pipes, the headrest covers do not look right and the bottoms (leather next to the perforated pipes) do not show enough the left hande versus right hand effect.   
   Furthermore, especially with cars with MB Tex interior many owners feel obliged to replace by leather, in order to somehow artifically upgrade.
Well, not so!
A well preserved original MB tex interior is always more worth than a poor (aftermarket) leather interior

3) Depending all on the condition of your car. For an average daily driver this might be okay, for a (very) good car clearly not.
4) The (quality of the) interior is often the gate opener to your car's overall quality. If that looks poor ... or at least sub-standard - the whole car is regarded more or less like that.
5) If there is no urgent need to replace your existing seat covers now, better wait for a higher quality seat covers set for your car.

My 2 cents...

Achim
Achim
(Germany)

Green68MB

• Associate Member
  • Junior Level
  • USA, NC, Taylorsville
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2020, 20:40:40 »
Achim,  Thank you for your analysis.    Of course you are right about   cost, quality and necessity. 
 I have owned this car since 73, 2nd owner, a dentist wife  sold it to upgrade to a larger convertible SE.  I have only 80K miles on it, garage kept summertime  use only .
 Like I said whenever I see someone  presenting Pagoda parts that look promising I try to stay ahead of the "those parts are no longer available"  predicament.
  My seats have no torn areas, just  age.  And yes I have talked on the phone with the Californian interior people...   
  The bottom line is if you don't drive it  what is it really good for! Thanks

Pinder

• Gold
  • USA, NJ, Edison
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2020, 23:44:53 »
I have used them for a complete rear seat and front bench seat for my 1968 Cadillac eldorado. I could not find the seat covers for this year anywhere. I sent them my old covers and they made new ones for me in black leather. It was an incredible price of $350! they gave m a 50% discount. I had nothing to lose but they came out pretty nice. I think the Eldorado has way more complex seats than the 2 seats in the w113.  So the price was amazing and I didn't think it would come out any good but I was really surprised.
1970 280 SL Light Ivory DB 670. 4 Speed manual shift no AC Limited Slip Diff.