Author Topic: MB W113 230SL Manual Wiring Harnesses Fully Rebuilt available for SALE  (Read 3049 times)

lpeterssen

• Vendor
  • Gold
  • USA, FL, Miami
Dear Friends:

Selling price USD 1,350 OBO + shipping

I just finished during these lockdown times this wiring harness .  It came from an early style MB 230SL Manual transmission.  It has all the bakelite with screw type connectors.  Most of them are perfect, except two from the headlights which have a cracked bakelite cover which can be seen on the pictures posted here or in the iCloud link below.

This harness has been fully inspected, all the original insulation material has been eliminated to visually check conductors integrity.  All the charging system related cables have been replaced for new ones, marine grade, full copper, made in USA. 

Charging capacity has dramatically increased from the original 4 mm2 cross section we have on this harness a 10mm2 section which will allow to install alternators up to 53+37=90 Amps capacity. Up to 37A can be consumed on the original fuse box instead of 28A as per original design, and up to 53A can be drawn via an aux fuse box directly from battery.  So, to handle an Air conditioner system for this harness will be a piece of cake.

Starter solenoid cable has also been replaced for a new one toe to toe, I mean from Ignition tumbler directly to starter solenoid.  This is a common problematic cable in all the wiring harness I have serviced so far, and responsible for erratic starter behaviour and energy losses.

All the works done on the charging and starting system will guarantee a very low discharge rate on the car battery since there are no cables with compromised insulation which generate parasite currents during operation and on standby.  Also there is no risk of catching a fire, or at least it is minimised since all conductors are in great shape, and proper size fuses have been installed as well.

This harness is prepared to use a modern style alternator with internal voltage regulation.  No external voltage regulator is needed, and therefore another source of problem in the charging system is eliminated.

All contacts on each individual bakelite connector have been carefully cleaned and polished in order to have a predictable behaviour on all electrical systems.

Main fuse box terminals are also shining and perfectly clean.

The cold start system has been revised in detail and new conductors installed all trough.

You have only to install your main light switch, ignition tumbler, and high/low beam foot switch in order to use this harness on your loved car.

This wiring harness is not for a purist, but for a practical driver who wants to have fun on his/her car without unexpected behaviours derived from a poor condition electrical system. Do not assume that your current wiring harness is in great shape.  That is impossible after 50 years of being born.  Not any of the wiring harness I have serviced for customers, so far, proved to be in perfect condition after removing all the tubing insulation.  All of them had problems related with the charging system, or the starter.  The material used on those particular cables does not resist 50 years.

More than 20 professional hours have been dedicated to this wiring harness to bring it to the pristine condition it is right now.

Also forget to mention that H4 headlight connectors need to be installed on this harness as I ran out of stock, and have no possibility to get a set for it nowadays. (do not worry you can take that part from your old wiring harness.)

See high res pictures on this link:

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0Q5M7GFPW7kHX

Enjoy

Leonardo Peterssen
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 23:28:29 by lpeterssen »

lpeterssen

• Vendor
  • Gold
  • USA, FL, Miami
Some picture right here

Raffi Akelian

Hi all
I had the pleasure of getting to know L Peterssen through this forum and engaged with him certain technical harness wiring related questions as I am in the middle of A full restoration of a 230SL manual RHD ( I mean as full as you get to afford I guess before you come to your senses😂)
L Peterssen’s professionalism and knowledge is  to say the least exemplary by far From the rest of ...😏
Leonardo Peterssen took the challenge of rebuilding a full harness for my car   That is the main Wiring  ,trunk.as well as the A/C wiring with Schematics and tags and instructions to make my project electrician a clear and easy run for a perfect job.
So anyone who has any wiring concern give this guy a call   Get in touch through this forum with him and engage L Peterssen   You won’t be sorry   A big call indeed. Yes I know. Regards Raphael A

aharalam

• Junior Level
  • Australia, Victoria, Caulfield North
Another positive review for Leonardo here.

Can't say it much better than Raphael above. Leonardo was responsive and knowledgeable.

He turned my new wiring harness around in a very short time frame and added a few requested modifications for a great price.

His product is of great quality and I'm glad i went the option of a fully rebuilt harness rather than trying to save my ratty and burnt out original.

Highly recommend. Feel free to private message me for any further detail.
Aharalam

1967 250SL (LHD/Auto/Papyrus White/navy MB-Tex)
2004 CLK55 AMG (Black/Black)

JamesL

• Platinum
  • United Kingdom, London, London

Can't say it much better than Raphael above. Leonardo was responsive and knowledgeable.

Any comment from Michael(angelo)? ;)
James L
Oct69 RHD 280 in DB906 with cognac leather

FGN59

• Inactive
  • Silver
  • France, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, Marseille
That last post really made me laugh as I hadn’t in a long time (totally unexpected, and right on the mark!). Thank you for that  ;D
François

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser SW HDJ80 4.2L diesel
sold:
1969 280SL US specs, 4-speed manual, beige-grey (726H), parchment leather
1962 Jaguar MK2 3.8L (4.2L XJ6 engine), black, tan leather interior
1968 Peugeot 204 roadster, white, black interior
1955 Massey Ferguson TEF20 diesel tractor 😁

lpeterssen

• Vendor
  • Gold
  • USA, FL, Miami
Dear James

Let%u2019s Wait to see the comments from Vincent (van Gogh) once he see%u2019s his finished work.

See this new masterpiece at the Belgium museum of arts.....

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0Q5aDWbrU7BGn

This is a work I just completed for a friend called Vincent M.

Best Regards

Leonard.....

« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 17:52:55 by lpeterssen »

Duncan200

• Senior
  • Australia, Victoria, Rowville
  • Just started my Restoration
Hi,

I’m in Melbourne Australia, would you be able to make a harness up for a RHD 66 230SL Manual?

I’ve started to restore mine (early days) and once it’s removed, I’d be happy to send it to you for you to make one up?

Let me know.

Thanks Doug
1966 MB 230SL DB 717 4sp Australian Delivered Matching Numbers Car. One day it will be back on the road in all its glory.
2000 MB CLK430 Convertible
2001 Nissan 200SX Spec S
2019 Audi SQ7 Special Edition

Garry

• Platinum
  • Australia, Victoria, Kyneton and Brisbane Queensland
  • Audit Committee
Doug,

Do you know that there is a very professional loom maker in Melbourne out in Ringwood.  I have seen their work and visited their factory.  If you have your old loom they will make a new one for you if they do not have the patten already.  Save you a lot in postage and import tax.

https://vintagewiringharness.com/

Garry
Garry Marks
Melbourne/ Kyneton, Brisbane. Australia
1969 MB 280SL 5 speed RHD SOLD.
1965 MB 230SL Auto RHD Lt Blue 334G, Top 350H, 213 Leather, Tourist Delivery.
1972 MB 280CE Auto RHD 906G Blue Grey
2005 MB A200.
2006 MB B200
2019 Izuzu DMax 4x4 with Slide-on camper.
2022 Volvo XC40 Twin Electric

Duncan200

• Senior
  • Australia, Victoria, Rowville
  • Just started my Restoration
Hi Garry,

Awesome mate, thank you.

Sounds like I owe you a beer already.
1966 MB 230SL DB 717 4sp Australian Delivered Matching Numbers Car. One day it will be back on the road in all its glory.
2000 MB CLK430 Convertible
2001 Nissan 200SX Spec S
2019 Audi SQ7 Special Edition

lpeterssen

• Vendor
  • Gold
  • USA, FL, Miami
Dear Duncan

I will be happy to service your wiring harness.  Shipping cost can be managed effectively so that they do not represent so much part of the investment. I have to happy customers there in Australia. One in Melbourne and another is Sydney.  Send you per PM their phones so that you can share their experience with my work.

Best regards
L.peterssen