Author Topic: 2008 Sprinter 2500 Upfit Luxury Touring Van  (Read 1834 times)

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
2008 Sprinter 2500 Upfit Luxury Touring Van
« on: July 21, 2020, 14:34:26 »
Hi,

Helping out my cousin here, who ran the finest custom tour operation in New York City. Sadly, in early March when I spoke with him, he had lost $2,000 in bookings overnight; within a couple of days, all bookings were cancelled and the state shut down these businesses as non-essential. So, time to wrap it up, and sell the van. Don't worry--my cousin found a good job back in his old profession as a bakery manager for a new Wegman's in Westchester County. The tour operation, Sterling City Tours, has 150 Five Star ratings on TripAdvisor. Much of that was due to the skills my cousin the tour guide has, and some of it the comfort of an upfit custom Mercedes-Benz luxury touring van. The upfit was professionally done and the vehicle passes all of the stiff requirements of the NYC Taxi and Limousine Commission.

The van is a custom upfit 2008 Sprinter 2500, LWB, with tall roof. Extremely comfortable inside with seating for seven passengers (four captain's chairs and three on a rear bench) plus the driver. Custom Perspex panorama roof, with sunshades. Bose sound system with CD/DVD. Solid cherry wood accents and trim. OM642 V6 turbodiesel engine. Silver with maroon interior. 93,500 miles which many of you know is just the diesel getting broken in! There's a lot of life left in this custom van--maybe not in the tour business but as a luxury touring van, or limousine for a family or group. It is in VG+ condition, with a few minor scrapes, etc. as normal wear and tear on a vehicle that has has 12 years of living in the NYC area. Offered at $24,995. PM me for any further inquiries. Van is located in southern Westchester County, just outside of NYC.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 19:10:29 by mdsalemi »
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid

mdsalemi

• Pagoda SL Board
  • Platinum
  • USA, NC, Davidson
Re: 2008 Sprinter 2500 Upfit Luxury Touring Van
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 19:09:53 »
Additional photo of interior.
Michael Salemi
Davidson, North Carolina (Charlotte Area) USA
1969 280SL (USA-Spec)
Signal Red 568G w/Black Leather (Restored)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid "Area 51"
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid
2023 Ford Escape Hybrid