Author Topic: Need a pre-puchase inspection in Nashville TN  (Read 2197 times)

jharkin

• Regular
  • USA, AZ, Chandler
Need a pre-puchase inspection in Nashville TN
« on: July 16, 2020, 20:15:51 »
Any recommendation for someone who can do this? the car is a '66 230SL.
Have made a refundable deposit to hold the car for 7 days.
need to get it done by Wednesday 7/22.
68 250SL White over Blue manual
84 280CE Lapis Blue auto
67 250SL Silver Gray auto,  sold :(
63 230SL Metallic Blue manual,  sold

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
Re: Need a pre-puchase inspection in Nashville TN
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 19:31:48 »
Looks like no one replied to you on this question. If you still need help, I recommend you contact those shops and see if they can help you out. Check this link below,

----> https://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=european+auto+repair&find_loc=Nashville%2C+TN

It is a good idea to do a pre-purchase inspection. I recently helped one of my friends in Germany to have a pre-purchase inspection done it saved him several thousand dollars based upon the report of stuff that needed to be done. Also, I arranged for the seller to split the inspection cost with the purchaser that was about $600- CDN.

Good Luck,

Dieter
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL

ChrisInNashville

• Silver
  • USA, TN, Nashville
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 10:40:45 »
I’m sorry I just saw this.  Ilbey Kaya at Belle Meade Service Center at the corner of Page Rd and Harding Rd

His brother Erol might be an option, but I don’t know where his shop is
‘69 280 SL
‘24 GLE450e
Tennessee, USA

gstork

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 19:20:06 »
Curious if this might be the one listed with Streetside Classics in Nashville? How did the inspection go? Did you move forward with the purchase?

jharkin

• Regular
  • USA, AZ, Chandler
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 06:34:09 »
Thanks for the responses. I found a white over blue 250SL in Idaho that i purchased.

Yes the car in Nashville is the dark blue 230SL at Streetside. i found a shop that had good reviews on Yelp. The job they did was cursory at best.
They did report that the radio and the AC didn't work, and the transmission was slow leaking. But no pics, no compression test, no test drive, some paint problems. I  decided to give it a pass, and keep looking. Finally found what i wanted in Boise.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 06:48:28 by jharkin »
84 280CE Lapis Blue auto

gstork

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 16:28:50 »
Congratulations on your new find. Thank you for confirming regarding the one at Streetside.

When I contacted them regarding that same 230SL, they said the car couldn't be taken offsite to have a pre-purchase inspection done. Is that typical for consignment shops like this?

Rolf-Dieter ✝︎

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, London
    • Best Pagoda Site second to none!
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2020, 17:27:26 »
Congratulations on your new find. Thank you for confirming regarding the one at Streetside.

When I contacted them regarding that same 230SL, they said the car couldn't be taken offsite to have a pre-purchase inspection done. Is that typical for consignment shops like this?

Looks like the car is not insured and or registered ... this might be why. Also it might be too costly to tow it on a flatbed to an inspection/garage there and back.

Dieter
DD 2011 SL 63 AMG and my 69 Pagoda 280 SL

jharkin

• Regular
  • USA, AZ, Chandler
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2020, 02:14:59 »
I liked that car. Got the same response when I sent someone to look at - can't leave premises because consigned status. how do they sell anything consigned if it can't go out for an independent inspection? would think they'd find a way somehow. they do want to sell it right?
If I had the money, I'd buy it just to get it out of there before things start to rot. Guy who looked at it for me said it looked like it hadn't moved in quite a while, trans fluid in a puddle under the car, bad seal getting worse probably...
sorry for the mini-rant. just find situations like this frustrating and annoying.
84 280CE Lapis Blue auto