Author Topic: Strange Phone Call  (Read 1666 times)

hauser

Strange Phone Call
« on: June 09, 2020, 15:58:59 »
This morning I received a call from NYC about my car.  They wanted to know if I still have my 280sl and if I want to sell it.  I didn't know what to make of this call but I told them the car was sold.

I want to put the number here but don't know if I should?   

Peter van Es

• Honorary Member
  • Platinum
  • Netherlands, North Holland, Nederhorst Den Berg
Re: Strange Phone Call
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 18:54:23 »
Hi Hauser,

your phone number is nowhere on the site here. Only full members can get to your details.

I don't know what good (or bad) publishing their number would do, have you tried googling it?

Peter
1970 280SL. System Admin of the site. Please do not mail or PM me questions on Pagoda's... I'm not likely to know the answer.  Please post on the forum instead!

hauser

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 01:29:30 »
Here's the number (718)715-6752. 

Mike reached out to me this morning and he looked up a few sellers in the NY area but the number did not match.  I posted this in the event it were to happen again with another member.   The whole thing was just really weird.  She asked for me by my name then asked if I still have my 280sl and  asked if I would sell it.  I told her the car had been sold.  Not sure she believed me.

Is this something I should be worried about?

Vander

• Silver
  • USA, OH, Columbus
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 01:34:56 »
I dont think it's anything to worry about. Where was it advertised when it was for sale? Some of that info stays on the web.
1969 280SL

hauser

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 01:43:59 »
The last time this car was advertised was in 2002 with Alex Dearborn.  Alex in the past has contacted me and ask if I would like to sell the car because he has an interested buyer. 

hauser

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 02:14:10 »
My daughter found the information of the caller using their number on truepeoplesearch.com