Author Topic: Caterham  (Read 2038 times)

Jordan

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, Jordan
Caterham
« on: June 07, 2020, 21:12:40 »
I'm curious if anyone of our members has a Caterham or has maybe owned one in the past.  I know they evolved from the Lotus 7 but I am interested in the Caterham specifically since they are still being made. Want to know if they built the car themselves, if so how easy or difficult it was.  How does it ride?  Comfortable?  These cars have been a curiosity of mine for some time but never having seen one in person or driven one I would like to know whatever comments one might have from someone that has actually had or driven one.
Marcus
66 230SL  Euro 4 speed

Paul & Dolly

• Gold
  • United Kingdom, Wales, CARDIFF
  • i Car
Re: Caterham
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 22:23:09 »
Jordan

You can have a look here
https://www.caterhamcars.com/en

I have a few friends who have built them and love them, but sometimes fine it harder with age to get in and out....

Paul
Paul (located in Cardiff - Wales - UK)
1967 Early 250 SL (Auto) White
Mitsubishi i Car
Toyota RAV 4  Hybrid AWD
1936 Alvis Firebird (Gone............)

Jordan

• Platinum
  • Canada, ON, Jordan
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 01:04:05 »
Thanks Paul.  Yes I've been to that web site.  Was interested in hearing from someone that actually has one of these cars and their comments. 
Marcus
66 230SL  Euro 4 speed

Mike Hughes

• Platinum
  • USA, VA, Blue Grass
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 18:19:54 »
I think Road & Track magazine acquired a Caterham kit and is in the midst of doing a series of articles about building it.  If I read right they will put it into their long-term test fleet, so there may be some future articles on what it is like to maintain and live with as well.  ;^)
- Mike Hughes  -ô¿ô-
  1966 230SL Auto P/S
  Havana Brown (408)
  Light Beige (181)
  Cream M-B Tex (121)